Blade7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2936

Lots of Whiting About Empty
PostSubject: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 1:48 pm

Since my last report we have been out 3 times still catching plenty but nothing big we have been trying different things like drifting fishing from the bottom to middle and near the top went in close to the Great Orme looking for the pollock with no luck the feathers where still producing mackerel on the 1st December, mostly whiting on ever drop and even more whiting on the small hook and bait and more whiting on the big hooks with a whole mackerel on and more whiting on the quid with the odd herring thrown in. I put a long lead lure on which also produces whiting and a couple of small octopuses the first time I have caught one. .  In the last week of November trip I did not secure the tender properly and it floated off I no choice but to strip down to my undies a go swimming taking a single paddle with me the swim was the easy bit in the refreshing sea water paddling back against the wind was a real struggle going backwards at times I got back to the boat eventually, Paddy had the stove on in the wheelhouse and a towel standing by.  All good fun. Looking to get out on Thursday going for the codling off the Llandudno Bay properly just more whiting but we will be out there giving it a go.

Lots of Whiting About Img_2016
Lots of Whiting About Img_2015
Lots of Whiting About Img_0010
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 6:11 pm

Been hearing there are loads of whiting around, the octopus
has got to be worth bonus points for variety though!

Thanks for the update fish boat

Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6675

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 9:56 pm

Interesting report and great pictures well done on the fish
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 8:39 am

That’s a great report very interesting and some nice pictures hope it goes well on Thursday let use know how you get on. boat fish fish
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 9:20 am

Notbad wrote:
Been hearing there are loads of whiting around, the octopus
has got to be worth bonus points for variety though!

Thanks for the update  fish  boat

I was very pleased with the 0ctopus lol!
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 9:20 am

congerman1962 wrote:
Interesting report and great pictures well done on the fish
lol!
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 9:22 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
That’s a great report very interesting and some nice pictures hope it goes well on Thursday let use know how you get on. boat fish fish
I am going to get that big one on THursday. lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 2:09 am

Nice to see you are still having a go.The difference in the patterns on the mackerel are amazing.
It's the trend in some areas to use an onion sack with a rock in it and rubby dubby to attract the bigger fish.The Tope have probably gone by now,but I think the rays and bull huss stay resident.
If you are drifting,you can lower the onion sack down to about 3ft off the sea bed. cth
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptySat Dec 10, 2022 1:37 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Nice to see you are still having a go.The difference in the patterns on the mackerel are amazing.
It's the trend in some areas to use an onion sack with a rock in it and rubby dubby to attract the bigger fish.The Tope have probably gone by now,but I think the rays and bull huss stay resident.
If you are drifting,you can lower the onion sack down to about 3ft off the sea bed. cth

We will have to try the rubby dubby bag sounds like it should work.
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6463

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 2:52 am

The sharks will love it
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 8:06 am

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
The sharks will love it
lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 9:08 am

It's a big pond,with no guarentee that the fish wil be there.
With the Chum it will attract any fish in the area.
Most of the Tope will have gone by now,so the chumbag might last longer.
I haven't used any yet,but I got some pilchard oil to add to the chum.
Fishing at anchor with a long chum oil slick is used quite a lot on Utube.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 9:37 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
It's a big pond,with no guarentee that the fish wil be there.
With the Chum it will attract any fish in the area.
Most of the Tope will have gone by now,so the chumbag might last longer.
I haven't used any yet,but I got some pilchard oil to add to the chum.
Fishing at anchor with a long chum oil slick is used quite a lot on Utube.

We will give the chum ago in the near future.  we got in close of the Great Orme last week and got some small pollock on the feathers not a single fish on the worm this time. Lots of Whiting About Img_2025
Lots of Whiting About Img_2026
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 10:43 pm

We anchored just off the big cave on the Gt Orme a couple of years ago and caught 20'ish doggies inside an hour.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 9:18 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
We anchored just off the big cave on the Gt Orme a couple of years ago and caught 20'ish doggies inside an hour.

Oddly enough in the last four trips not a single doggy for us and sometimes like your day on the water they just keep coming. fish
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 5:56 pm

I've always fancied a try in the Conway estuary.We used to launch there,then stick to the left on the way out (towards the bibbing tunnels) in order to avoid the sandbanks.Then swing over to the right and the Great Orme and Llandudno.We ran aground a couple of times on the sandbanks,but it was easy to back off them. I wanted to drop anchor on the sandbanks,but my mates never fancied it.The contract boats hug the great orme side of the estuary,in and out for the deeper chanel.
With your boat being a slightly deeper draft cutting straight across conway bay would take you to the sandbanks.
I've been meaning to ask, has your boat got a planing hull?
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About EmptyThu Dec 29, 2022 11:21 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I've always fancied a try in the Conway estuary.We used to launch there,then stick to the left on the way out (towards the bibbing tunnels) in order to avoid the sandbanks.Then swing over to the right and the Great Orme and Llandudno.We ran aground a couple of times on the sandbanks,but it was easy to back off them. I wanted to drop anchor on the sandbanks,but my mates never fancied it.The contract boats hug the great orme side of the estuary,in and out for the deeper chanel.
With your boat being a slightly deeper draft cutting straight across conway bay would take you to the sandbanks.
I've been meaning to ask, has your boat got a planing hull?

When we came out of Conwy we went over to the right side chanel, this boat does have a planing hull, with the leg down we need 3ft of water to move around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Whiting About   Lots of Whiting About Empty

Back to top Go down

Lots of Whiting About
Page 1 of 1