sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.

Go down 
+2
congerman1962
Notbad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13668

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. Empty
PostSubject: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 8:39 pm

This Forum was launched by Fairziff on 27 November 2008
so to mark it's 14th birthday MusselMan and I met at the forum's spiritual home Splash Point Rhyl today for a catch up.

First up some statistics.
The forum has totted up 8,382 topics and 49,311 posts.

I joined on day 2 and MusselMan joined very soon after.

Splashpoint no longer has the concrete platform ( today's High tide would have covered it anyway) so we fished off the prom by the no longer flashing " flashy light" .

Scores on the doors 4 Whiting and a Rockling for MusselMan and 7 Whiting, a Rockling and a very small crab for me making 14 catches, a catch for every year of the forum!

Thank you to all who post and let's see if we can keep it going!

Thoroughly enjoyed catching up today!

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221125

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221126

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221127

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221128

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221129

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221131

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221132

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221133

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221134

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221135

Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6697

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 9:34 pm

great pictures and report thanks for keeping the forum going every one who still posts and visits, looks like you had a decent sesion well done happy birthday
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1310
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7138

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 9:54 pm

An enjoyable afternoon fishing, plenty of bites. I think there where five anglers fishing this venue, with ten rods out between us. A guy next to us had a decent flounder but apart from that it was a lot of small whiting.

Another two guys came down to practice their casting, with some expensive custom tuned multiplier reels. Admittedly they had the benefit of no terminal tackle to slow the cast down but they were getting out twice the distance of the rest of us.

Thank for that birthday present Paul (2 packs of lug).

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221115
MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221113
MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. 20221114
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1717
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4986

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 2:38 am

14 years,quite an achievement,here's to another 14yrs plus beer lol!
Nice catches you guys,all hail the weather gods,Haha
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7869

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 9:16 am

Happy Birthday Sunnyrhyl I joined in 2011 and look at the sit most days, here’s to another 14 beer . Great report and pictures well done. fishing fish fish fishing fish fish
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 12:12 pm

I've not seen the new splashpoint setup yet.
How near could I park a car to where you are fishing?
What stage of the incoming tide does it start to become fishable? (off the prom)
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 4:31 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
What stage of the incoming tide does it start to become fishable? (off the prom)

Double yellow lines now prevent parking as close to the bend as used to be possible and it's pay and display.

The prom is accessible by a zig zag ramp or steps, how close you get parked depends on how busy it is.  If you are lucky your walk is under 50 yards, it was for me but I got there about 10.15 am on Sunday, High was about 12.40 MusselMan was 45 minutes later and
had a longer walk.
How long before High you can start fishing? About 2.5 hours ish.

If you get the urge to go there let me know and I'll try and meet up.

ADMIN
MusselMan

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 4:52 pm

In winter it is only £1 for four hours parking.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 3:00 am

Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:

Double yellow lines now prevent parking as close to the bend as used to be possible and it's pay and display.

The prom is accessible by a zig zag ramp or steps, how close you get parked depends on how busy it is.  If you are lucky your walk is under 50 yards, it was for me but I got there about 10.15 am on Sunday, High was about 12.40 MusselMan was 45 minutes later and
had a longer walk.
How long before High you can start fishing? About 2.5 hours ish.

Great bit of info paul,thanks.If I do venture over it will be after christmas/jan/feb.
Would be great to meet up.

If you get the urge to go there let me know and I'll try and meet up.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 3:04 am

MusselMan wrote:
In winter it is only £1 for four hours parking.

Thanks MM,a £1 wouldn't break the bank, lol!
Back to top Go down
fleur1277
Rockling Hunter

Number of posts : 9
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2789

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyWed Nov 30, 2022 9:55 pm

Does Fairziff not fish anymore? I used to love seeing his reports in the early days- Fishing seemed to be a lot tougher then as he struggled to get much but celebrated when he did. A real inspiration. I also recall another chap from Stoke who used to post all the time very keen- not seen him for a long time- loved reading his adventures plus his videos reports- A great forum over the years and continues to be. Thanks to all the admins.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 5:21 pm

fleur1277 wrote:
Does Fairziff not fish anymore? I used to love seeing his reports in the early days- Fishing seemed to be a lot tougher then as he struggled to get much but celebrated when he did. A real inspiration. I also recall another chap from Stoke who used to post all the time very keen- not seen him for a long time- loved reading his adventures plus his videos reports- A great forum over the years and continues to be. Thanks to all the admins.

Cheers fleur1277 !
I'm sure all of us who remember Fairziff's blog and reports
miss them, they were excellent
The chap you are thinking of from Stoke was Tim.

Life has a habit of getting in the way of enthusiasm some times ( and when photobucket decided to be a pay for service it didn't help) but I'd celebrate seeing them again!

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7869

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 9:31 am

We all would. beer lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 11:05 am

I'm not all that PC Savvy,so are the pics put up on here still through Photobucket and paid for?
Would it be expensive or a mammoth task to use a normal pic transfer method?
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 2:02 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I'm not all that PC Savvy,so are the pics put up on here still through Photobucket and paid for?

I don't use the bucket any more. When you make a post there is an option up at the top right "Host an image". I just use that now.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 6:49 pm

MusselMan wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:

I don't use the bucket any more. When you make a post there is an option up at the top right "Host an image". I just use that now.

I've not used them since either, I use the free facility on here too. I think it might work slightly different depending on what you are using, how putting pictures on using it isn't something I find easy to explain.

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 11:16 am

Thanks for the info guys,I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.   MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up. Empty

Back to top Go down

MusselMan and Notbad, Splashpoint Forum Birthday Catch-up.
Page 1 of 1