2 posters
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4970

Good time to fish Connahs quay? Empty
PostSubject: Good time to fish Connahs quay?   Good time to fish Connahs quay? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 2:49 pm

If I could make it this week I would be having a go at Connahs quay.
Medium'ish tides,and all around the midday mark.
Probably fish one hour before high to two hours after.
The tides slow down around that period,and at high there is the period of slack water.
Probably fish a running ledger with plenty of bling and a couple of 1-0 Aberdeen hooks,with black lug and squid cocktails.4-6 oz gripper lead.
I've had a few flatties out in the past.
There's a few species going up the Dee at this time of year,all looking to 'Grub up' after the winter and breeding season.
I'd be dipping my baits in sardine oil for the scent trail.
If anyone has a go,I'd appreciate you posting on here.
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7123

PostSubject: Re: Good time to fish Connahs quay?   Good time to fish Connahs quay? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 8:46 am

I am planning a flattie session very soon, but at a mark on the Mersey. Used to fish for them all the time when I was young and living down in Hampshire. Got a bit fed up of them from the shore in honesty but after my last unproductive session it is time to try something different. There was a match held at the weekend at the Mersey spot I fished last week, and even they said there was very little to report.

I look after a relatives house in Runcorn. Visits several times a week. Noticed I can get to the river only a few minutes away so at least it will not cost me extra in fuel to go try there.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Good time to fish Connahs quay?   Good time to fish Connahs quay? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 9:55 am

MusselMan wrote:
I am planning a flattie session very soon, but at a mark on the Mersey. Used to fish for them all the time when I was young and living down in Hampshire. Got a bit fed up of them from the shore in honesty but after my last unproductive session it is time to try something different. There was a match held at the weekend at the Mersey spot I fished last week, and even they said there was very little to report.

I look after a relatives house in Runcorn. Visits several times a week. Noticed I can get to the river only a few minutes away so at least it will not cost me extra in fuel to go try there.

I've never fished at Runcorn,but the sandbanks look like they will hold flatties.I've noticed that a few beads are a good attractant.I use silver coated plastic tea spoons (ebay).Just cut the handle off,and drill the spoon.
Had a few out at Fiddlers ferry about 3 yrs ago.
Pretty important to keep the bait on the bottom,so a running ledger rig would be handy.
Did you know that salmon have been spotted in the Mersey as far up as Warrington?
Runcorn/Widnes,happy memories,I crossed on the transporter cable car on my pushbike in 1961.
I used the same flattie rig on the topside of the Llyn,caught double headers of rays.(Aberafon)
Good luck with your session.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: Good time to fish Connahs quay?   Good time to fish Connahs quay? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 10:03 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
MusselMan wrote:

I've never fished at  Runcorn,but the sandbanks look like they will hold flatties.I've noticed that a few beads are a good attractant.I use silver coated plastic tea spoons (ebay).Just cut the handle off,and drill the spoon.
Had a few out at Fiddlers ferry about 3 yrs ago.
Pretty important to keep the bait on the bottom,so a running ledger rig would be handy.
Did you know that salmon have been spotted in the Mersey as far up as Warrington?
Runcorn/Widnes,happy memories,I crossed on the transporter cable car on my pushbike in 1961.
I used the same flattie rig on the topside of the Llyn,caught double headers of rays.(Aberafon)
Good luck with your session.

Don't know if you use it,but using 'willy weather tide charts' gives you an hour by hour graph of the tides anywhere you want to fish.
Might save you fishing onto sand at Runcorn lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good time to fish Connahs quay?   Good time to fish Connahs quay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good time to fish Connahs quay?
Page 1 of 1