AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6105
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13653

Biodegradable? Empty
PostSubject: Biodegradable?   Biodegradable? EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 9:14 am

Recent discussion on here about swim feeders for sea fishing started me wondering.

I was in a pub the other day ( an extremely rare event since the pandemic arrived!) and there was a notice on the bar, "our straws may look like plastic but they are made from vegetables".

Given the amount of plastic in the seas
could beads, lures, lead weights etc be
made from eco friendly materials?

On the internet I found biodegradable weights ( though not quite what is needed for sea fishing in most circumstances)

I also found biodegradable lures.

I think there is a market for biodegrable bits and bobs of sea fishing tackle out there

https://www.takemefishing.org/how-to-fish/fishing-gear-and-tackle/sustainable-fishing-gear/

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7855

Biodegradable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biodegradable?   Biodegradable? EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 10:30 am

That is food for thought I think line and nets are one of the biggest problems all of use have had line brakes loosing 10 or 20 yards of line with weight hook and bait not much you can do about it at the time. I have got caught up in old line and hauled it in and once in Devon hooked into a net it took me about 30 minutes to drag it up the beach which includes wading out to drag it in. This is the stuff that the marine life gets caught up in so biodegradable might help but it won’t take of unless it’s as good as the stuff it’s replacing or the law changes to stop use using it. As is happening with petrol and electric cars.
Back to top Go down

Biodegradable?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: General Stuff :: Tackle Reviews And Questions, Ideas-
Jump to: