sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. Empty
PostSubject: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 9:05 pm

After studying the wind forecast I reckoned on Cayley Bank Rhos on Sea for High tonight. Picking a spot on the prom at the end of the rock armour and with steps should something big turn up.

2 or 3 others were fishing 100 yards to my left.

Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. 20211211

Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. 20211212

Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. 20211210

Two hook flapper, size two hooks with half a frozen worm on each.
The pin Whiting turned up once it was properly dark and about an hour and 3/4 before High.

The best of about 14 fish was one half decent one about half an hour before High, not photographed as I had a small audience at the time, the down side to fishing off a prom.

The Whiting weren't fussy about bait presentation, most of the time I didn't change worm just tidied it up a bit.

Left at High.
Great to be out!

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7108

PostSubject: Re: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 9:07 am

Great stuff.

Could maybe try a second rod with a live bait for that "something big".

Were you able to fish from the van there?
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 10:14 am

MusselMan wrote:
Great stuff.

The van was 20 yards away, but if I'd set up 30 yards to my left it could have been directly behind me.

You are right about the second rod ( I had a stiffer one in reserve in the van in case the wind was too much for the rod I used) and I could have done the large bare hook beneath the pin whiting baited hook thing, though again being on the prom and with plenty out walking ( breezy but mild temperature) I'd have been plagued with people telling me " you've got a bite there mate".

A local was telling me that the area to my left is currently a topic of debate on whether to extend the rock armour towards Rhos or just have sand beneath the existing ledge at the foot of the prom wall, from a fishing perspective I hope it is left as it is.

Last edited by Notbad on Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

PostSubject: Re: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 10:20 am

It’s nice to hear someone managed to get out and do some fishing. It was very mild here during the night 13* so quite pleasant to be out and about. fishing fish fish fish
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6676

PostSubject: Re: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 1:22 pm

I fished the new beach were the pier was around 9am just after high down to low about x6 weeks ago,I fished two rods frozen lug on one rod and frozen sand eel on the other two hook clip downs struggled for bites on the tide down but at low water, I was getting two whiting a chuck within minutes of putting the rod down. Some were a good size but packed in just after low as it was to busy with people swimming a few whiting were easily sizeable for the table but as usual for me I returned them all
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2937

PostSubject: Re: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 11:37 am

Notbad wrote:
MusselMan wrote:
Great stuff.

The van was 20 yards away, but if I'd set up 30 yards to my left it could have been directly behind me.

You are right about the second rod ( I had a stiffer one in reserve in the van in case the wind was too much for the rod I used) and I could have done the large bare hook beneath the pin whiting baited hook thing, though again being on the prom and with plenty out walking ( breezy but mild temperature) I'd have been plagued with people telling me " you've got a bite there mate".

A local was telling me that the area to my left is currently a topic of debate on whether to extend the rock armour towards Rhos or just have sand beneath the existing ledge at the foot of the prom wall, from a fishing perspective I hope it is left as it is.

Nice to hear the whiting are still coming in.  Here is the link to the Rhos on Sea proposals.
https://www.conwy.gov.uk/en/Resident/Leisure-sport-and-health/Coast-and-Countryside/Seaside/Beaches-and-Promenades/Coastal-Defence-Projects/About-the-Rhos-On-Sea-proposals.aspx
fishing
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7108

PostSubject: Re: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 12:52 pm

Blade7 wrote:

Nice to hear the whiting are still coming in.  Here is the link to the Rhos on Sea proposals.
https://www.conwy.gov.uk/en/Resident/Leisure-sport-and-health/Coast-and-Countryside/Seaside/Beaches-and-Promenades/Coastal-Defence-Projects/About-the-Rhos-On-Sea-proposals.aspx
fishing

Could do with a footpath on top of that proposed groyne. Not just for fishing. Could be a nice place to walk along.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 1:02 pm

Blade7 wrote:
Notbad wrote:
MusselMan wrote:
Great stuff.

fishing

thanks for that link, much appreciated, I haven't studied it properly yet but sounds like dramatic changes are coming, given the almost summer like temperatures at the moment climate change is undeniable.

PostSubject: Re: Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.   Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea. Empty

Back to top Go down

Whiting around the Christmas Tree at Cayley Bank, Rhos on Sea.
Page 1 of 1