AuthorMessage
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6463

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: For admin.   For admin. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 6:59 am

I do not know what you did when the forum was renamed, up till then there was a nasty attachment on the url that gave my Norton security a headache.
Every time I went to the site, the opening page came up then disappeared as an extension added to the url then a red warning banner warning of a malicious site.
I could avoid it by opening it in an "in private window" All is fine since your change, even though I have not updated the link in my "Favorites"
Any ideas where it came from, anyone else had the problem?
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For admin.   For admin. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 8:09 am

Hi Rhod,
I don't know the answer ( MusselMan might) we haven't changed the name of the forum as such more that it has been re-badged correctly rather than carrying the old name of the private blog ( no longer a live domain) to which the forum was bolted, whether that has anything to do with it I really am not sure.

For a long time I used to go to the old private blog and then the forum from there.
I've never had the problem you describe but I'm pleased it is running better for you.

Possibly unrelated but I still get spam messages though and if you do too maybe they might trigger your security settings??

Anyone else getting spam messages?

There is a forum security setting ( all credit to MusselMan here) that might reduce this by introducing a verification stage, maybe we should try this out next.

ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7107

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For admin.   For admin. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 9:24 am

Can't take any credit for fixing that. The forum itself was not renamed. All I can think of is something behind the scenes has happened when I changed the words in the banner title from sunnyrhyl.com to sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com. Perhaps something like a new timestamp has been put on the web page when it was regenerated which Norton is happier with.

I still need to fiddle with the image on the left to get the word "sunnyrhyl" moved more to the center. Saving that job for a rainy day.

So far as I am aware it is only admins that get the spam messages, two or three a week and sometimes in Russian. The message capability in forumotion enables anonymous non-members to send messages to the admins. We can put a question on it which has to be answered before a message can be sent. This makes it a little bit harder for the bots to use this feature but they simply need to add the answer to the question to their code.  I recall we could turn it off completely - there is little point in having it in my opinion since our forum can be read by anyone and anyone can create an account anyway if the needed to message us. Admins might miss out on the "good deals" on such as bitcoin though. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For admin.   For admin. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 9:48 am

I have no problems with the site at all. Ads come up on the site now but apart from that nothing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For admin.   For admin. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks to you all, we get all sorts of rubbish spam E-mails, but not through your site, a problem with having the same E-mail address for 20 odd years. (When I clicked to edit this message the screen went grey and an add window appeared in the middle) Our subscription to Norton security has run out every day for the last 3 months and offering 90% reduction to rejoin but only valid for 24 hours!
Yes we get the bitcoin ones in which some kind person has put 159 thousand dollars in our account which we can draw down on immediately, most of those come from France.
Covid Delta strain has come to visit NZ from 2 weeks ago, we are still in elimination mode and in a harsh lockdown since last Tuesday night when the first case was detected. So far the outbreak is limited to 2 clusters mostly in Auckland where a meeting at an assembly of god church spread the virus with 80 new cases today, and in Wellington another 12 cases. Altogether so far just over 200 confirmed cases.
We have had both Pfizer jabs, but only a quarter of our population has had 2 jabs mostly because of supply issues
I have the boat ready to go but fishing is banned for now.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For admin.   For admin. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 12:24 pm

The only thing that changed not long back in my case was,
when the site initially comes up,it's bright orange,
also,the little orange security boxes come up in the bottom left and corner of the screen.
I just put it down to Musslemans expertise with security  lol!
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For admin.   For admin. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Thanks Valvebounce, what used to happen with me was the sunnyrhyl site opened normally with the url then a second later the problematic extension would fill up the url line and a second later my internet security would block the extension from opening with a red banner warning that the site was a possible danger.
I do not know what security you may have, but try opening sunnyrhyl in an "in private window" and see if anything changes.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For admin.   For admin. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 3:36 am

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Thanks Valvebounce, what used to happen with me was the sunnyrhyl site opened normally with the url then a second later the problematic extension would fill up the url line and a second later my internet security would block the extension from opening with a red banner warning that the site was a possible danger.
I do not know what security you may have, but try opening sunnyrhyl in an "in private window" and see if anything changes.
I don't have any problems with the site Rhod,I can access it from the Logo on the left of my screen,but if I use the top bar it sometimes plays up.
I suspect the side logo gives direct access,but the top box has something to do with google and adverts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For admin.   For admin. Empty

Back to top Go down

For admin.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: General Stuff :: General Chat-
Jump to: