Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2936

The Mackerel are Back Empty
PostSubject: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptyThu May 20, 2021 7:22 am

19/05/2021.
A cracking afternoon afloat, although a little breeze at F4 the sea state was slight with a small swell 0.03 and the sun was shining all afternoon and evening, high tide was 17.00hrs we departed out of Rhos on Sea Harbour at 14.30 returning at 19.30. Cruises out towards the wind turbines and put the anchor down in 62 feet of water just in front of Constable Bank, before I got out the wheelhouse Paddy was straight into a string of Mackerel and it only got better the big boys are back with four good size Bull Husses and a Thornback Ray, plenty more Mackerel, Dabs, small amount of Whiting and of course the banker of your never going to blank a few Dogfish. Bait used was lug worm , frozen and fresh Mackerel. Unfortunately I left my camera on the boat so I am unable to show you the fish at this time, no chance of collecting it for a couple of days with stormy weather forecast.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptyThu May 20, 2021 2:26 pm

It's like the days when you sent your film off to the developers and had to wait to see what you snapped

sounds worth waiting for though!

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptyThu May 20, 2021 3:16 pm

Happy days are here again lol!
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptyThu May 27, 2021 6:19 pm

Blade7 wrote:
19/05/2021.
A cracking afternoon afloat, although a little breeze at F4 the sea state was slight with a small swell 0.03 and the sun was shining all afternoon and evening, high tide was 17.00hrs we departed out of Rhos on Sea Harbour at 14.30 returning at 19.30. Cruises out towards the wind turbines and put the anchor down in 62 feet of water just in front of Constable Bank, before I got out the wheelhouse Paddy was straight into a string of Mackerel and it only got better the big boys are back with four good size Bull Husses and a Thornback Ray, plenty more Mackerel, Dabs, small amount of Whiting and of course the banker of your never going to blank a few Dogfish. Bait used was lug worm , frozen and fresh Mackerel. Unfortunately I left my camera on the boat so I am unable to show you the fish at this time, no chance of collecting it for a couple of days with stormy weather forecast.  

Got out on the today and I remembered to bring my camera home. Some pictures attached. The Mackerel are Back Anmp0032The Mackerel are Back Anmp0033
The Mackerel are Back Anmp0034The Mackerel are Back Anmp0035
#
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptyFri May 28, 2021 8:03 am

Wonderful. boat fish fish fish party
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptyFri May 28, 2021 8:19 am

Here comes Summer!

Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptyFri May 28, 2021 9:05 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Wonderful. boat fish fish fish party

lol!
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptyFri May 28, 2021 9:06 am

Notbad wrote:
Here comes Summer!

lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptySat May 29, 2021 11:52 am

Nice tan man lol!

Your new boat  was certainly a good move.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:25 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Nice tan man lol!

My life is a full time holiday, its great being retired. The boat was being in the right place at the right time and local on our door step it came fully kitted and with the mooring we struck really lucky.
lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back EmptySat May 29, 2021 6:41 pm

Blade7 wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Nice tan man lol!

My life is a full time holiday, its great being retired. The boat was being in the right place at the right time and local on our door step it came fully kitted and with the mooring we struck really lucky.
lol!

I've got a grey box exactly like the one on your boat you use for live bait.So i'm pinching your idea lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mackerel are Back   The Mackerel are Back Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mackerel are Back
Page 1 of 1