AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13631

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 9:16 pm

I never did get round to taking a look at Trefor wooden pier before it was demolished. Had a little explore down there today though.Pots at Trefor  20210411

Pots at Trefor  20210412

Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7843

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:16 am

Looks a nice spot and great to be able to get out. cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7108

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:28 am

Eclectic selection of pots there. Best pot pic so far this year Very Happy

Wondering if many people fish here now the pier has gone. I have fished off the wall there maybe 10 years ago. Casting opposite side to the old wooden pier. Quite weedy. Caught a few small bull huss and cat sharks as I recall.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4947

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 3:24 pm

We camped and took the boats to the campsite about 5 miles back along the coast towards canarfon.I was about the time when the pier was showing it's age.
Had a few Bull Huss and Doggies near the pier,and a massive spider crab that ran amok around the deck.
The camp has a free slipway to those camping,the water was crystal clear,and the rocks were all rounded off like big pebbles.
We supplied loads of campers with mackerel for their BBQ's.
Oh happy days lol!
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 5:57 pm

Parsal campsite? We camped there once for a couple of nights. Recall it being a good site.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 am

MusselMan wrote:
Parsal campsite?  We camped there once for a couple of nights. Recall it being a good site.

I can't remember the site name,but it had a big mountain at the back of it and a small stream running through it.Very handy for Trefor and Birdpoo rock. lol!
Very tricky to find the entrance off the main road,and a very windy country lane down to the site.I think they had Llamas in the fields.
the instructions from the camp office said'Look for a building on the right with a red corrugated roof.'
It was one of the best campsites we ever used.
We've camped all over the place,Fowey,St davids,and for the short run,Benlech.We camped and took two boats,which was handy,because it was handy for launching all over the island.
Back to top Go down
Blade7
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 239
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2937

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:02 am

Very nice pictures, Trefor looks a good place to visit.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 9:51 am

Blade7 wrote:
Very nice pictures, Trefor looks a good place to visit.

yes, first time I'd been there, great place for a coast wander, free parking at the bottom of Beach Road, easiest to find from the Caernarfon side of Trefor turning. The Pwllheli side of Trefor turning is more complicated.
( I set my satnav to 1 Beach Road -
quite steep and twisty - not a road I'd want to meet another vehicle coming the other way on) Pots at Trefor  20210413

Pots at Trefor  20210414

ADMIN
Notbad

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 9:59 am

MusselMan wrote:
Parsal campsite?  We camped there once for a couple of nights. Recall it being a good site.

Been looking for this on line but the only Parsal Campsite I can find on line is in India,

any website or other location details?

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:28 am

Notbad wrote:
MusselMan wrote:

Been looking for this on line but the only Parsal Campsite I can find on line is in India,

any website or other location details?

The site I was talking about is called-Aberafon camping and caravan site,it's at the foot of Gryn Goch mountain/hill.
It's possible to drive through to the beach and slipway for a look.
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:35 am

Ah - two different sites close together. View of the same hill.

This is Parsal.

https://www.facebook.com/parsalfarm/

Aberafon slightly further from Trefor but much easier boat launch. Of course you can also launch at Trefor. My recollection (from years ago) is someone collecting money there for you to do so.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:42 am

There's a pic of Trefor pier on Google earth if you want to see it.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 12:52 pm

thanks guys,

half an hour ago we passed Aberafon!

on the Caernarfon side there was a sign saying campsite 300 yards and a part red painted corregated tin garage or similar at the top of a lane, very close to Trefor.

Passed it before taking it in properly.

Maybe we should start a campsite section!

Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 pm

The campsite at St Davids was a bit wild and woolly,but the harbour was very sheltered and full of fish.(Mullet)
We went out and found ourselves in huge swells.
My mate has a bald head,and a seagull was going up and down with us on level with his head.I said'I think he's going to land on your head and try to hatch it out' lol!
There's and island just outside the harbour,and the rip is very strong.
Apparently,Monks used to breed rabbits on it many moons ago.
I saw on a nature program that sea birds that only fly at night now populate the rabbit holes.(Can't remember the names of the birds)
We went to a harbour a few miles down the coast,and spoke to a local commercial fisherman.He said to stay away from the island because the currents were deadly.
After about four days it started raining,we gave it a day and decided to see what the weather was like at Benlech.We were on holiday for two weeks,so we finished the holiday off at Benlech.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pots at Trefor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pots at Trefor    Pots at Trefor  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pots at Trefor
Page 1 of 1