6 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13655

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas Empty
PostSubject: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 6:18 pm

Well its been a different sort of year, the wheelie bin went out more than I did and any fishing targets went out of the window.
Hopefully the vaccines are the start of the fight back.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all whatever yours looks like and wishing us all the best of it in 2021

santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 9:31 am

Merry Christmas to all.

Made me laugh saying the wheelie bin has been out more than you, I know how you feel!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7856

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year. I bought a New Car on 20th of September and 3 months later I have only done just under 400 miles it’s quite good on petrol about a gallon a month. rendeer santa party
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7122

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 4:18 pm

I also bought a new(er) car on 1st October. I did more miles just in yesterday morning collecting son from Uni (after he had two clear covid tests) than I did in the previous two and half months!
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7220

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 6:54 pm

A merry Christmas to everyone ( as much as possible) and here's a special one for one person.It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas 12956710
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1307
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7122

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 10:47 pm

Aw, thankyou for thinking of me Squidward. I have not seen a pot in the flesh all year.

Just found this image of a "Squidmas" card. Thought you might like it. You might be able to order yourself one in time for xmas?

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas Merry_10
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1713
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4969

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Merry Christmas to one and all. HoHoHo. santa beer
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6474

PostSubject: A bit more Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 10:11 am

Not the sort of year I really wanted, my broken leg is still only healing slowly and I have not been near the sea for over a year. 4 stays in hospital and 6 operations to date with infections and a host of antibiotics but at least very little pain.
I was in hospital during our first lockdown,(Auckland has had 2), very peaceful only 14 patients in a 50 bed ward as all the expected covid patients never arrived, and no visitors. On the 7th floor looking out across an old volcanic crater lake to the Hauraki gulf, our sheltered harbour that is Auckland's treasure.
These hospital beds are great, press a button and up you go for a great sea view, spectacular sunrises and later in the day in the distance the America's cup boats practicing.
We do not have any community covid infections, only a few of 6000 returned NZ citizens and essential workers allowed in all in 2 weeks managed isolation. The only restriction we have is masks to be worn in public transport, so much of NZ has gone on holiday in NZ. if you leave the country you have to pay for your 2 weeks isolation when you return.
I can only manage a photo of silk trees on our lawn this morning. Hope you all have a good new year though it looks like a rocky start, and happy Brexit!

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas Img_5920
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6106
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13655

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 10:50 am

Hi Rhod,
good to hear from you but sorry to hear your leg is an ongoing problem. When I did my marine VHF radio licence training I was surprised to learn how much more of a medical emergency a broken leg is than a broken arm, I hope never to experience that for myself! Wishing you a full recovery.

You are no doubt aware that the UK's Christmas restrictions suddenly tightened dramatically with less than a week to go and it struck me that many of the Christmas song lyrics have a different slant given the indeed bumpy situation but hopefully we can all find some positive reasons to ( in the words of Noddy Holder) "look to the future now!"

Rock on

Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2864
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7856

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 12:00 pm

Happy Christmas Rhod, sorry to hear about your leg I hope you are fit to fish in 2021, thing very tight here at the moment and cases rising every day but things forecast to get better in 2021 so something to look forward to. Raise a glass down under to a Happy and Prosperous New Year. party
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas   It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas Empty

Back to top Go down

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas
Page 1 of 1