2 posters
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4947

Are the Mackerel showing yet? Empty
PostSubject: Are the Mackerel showing yet?   Are the Mackerel showing yet? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 11:54 am

There should be millions waiting for us to catch them.
I was wondering about the alge around Rhyl etc,any sign of it yet?
I suppose it could go one of two ways with the lockdown,either more or less.
I'd be interested to know what the results are.
I've wondered for years if the River Dee is the source of the Alge,simply because it doesn't seem to reach past Anglesea,or travel across Liverpool bay very far.
Any thoughts on it?
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7210

PostSubject: Re: Are the Mackerel showing yet?   Are the Mackerel showing yet? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 8:14 am

There have ben plenty of mackerel around Anglesey , but from what I`ve heard, the Spanish trawlers have moved in and hoovered up a large proportion of them recently.
The algae situation should improve with the winds and rough weather this week, it breaks up after it dies off. It is a natural process and does occur all around the British coast, areas with a lot of river estuaries can be affected more because of fertilizer run off from farmland.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4947

PostSubject: Re: Are the Mackerel showing yet?   Are the Mackerel showing yet? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 11:39 am

squidward wrote:
There have ben plenty of mackerel around Anglesey , but from what I`ve heard, the Spanish trawlers have moved in and hoovered up a large proportion of them recently.
The algae situation should improve with the winds and rough weather this week, it breaks up after it dies off. It is a natural process and does occur all around the British coast, areas with a lot of river estuaries can be affected more because of fertilizer run off from farmland.

Thanks for the info,with not being able to come into Wales,especially with the boat,I'm not in the picture.
I didn't realise the alge was already in for instance.
Will the EU trawlers be restricted when we eventually leave the EU?
I've fished at Greenfield and Connahs quay in the past,and noticed what seems like weed on the line and knots is actually man made fibres.
I've had to use pliers on occasion to remove it.
I put it down to the recirculated sewerage outlets higher up the Dee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the Mackerel showing yet?   Are the Mackerel showing yet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are the Mackerel showing yet?
Page 1 of 1