3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

A fish in the hand Empty
PostSubject: A fish in the hand   A fish in the hand EmptyTue May 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Monday morning, dug out my underused Penn Powerstix Pro Bass rod, sandspike, bait pump and a minimum of gear and Tina and I set off for the beach (half an hour's walk) for morning low.

Rarely bother pumping bait, not very practised and I'm not great with it, six pumps for every worm and some of those need stitching together.
A fish in the hand 20200515

Nothing for me but saw one caught further up the beach 90 minutes after Low as I was leaving.

Nearly lost myself in the mud! (The walk home wasn't comfortable in wet wellies)

A fish in the hand Img-2027

A fish in the hand Img-2028

This morning,
we walked back for Low, crossing the sand something caught my eye, a 30cm Bass well  high and dry, Tina reckoned its gills were moving a little which seemed very unlikely to me but I took it over to the groyne-end  pool and swilled it around and sure enough its gills started going and so I carried it to the waters edge and gave it a chance of life, amazes me the gulls hadn't got to it first and I doubt it got far but it didn't wash back in anyway.

Next thing, marooned in an inch of water in a fast emptying gulley I spot a dogfish so that got a lift too.

Two fish in my hands and I'd not even tackled up yet, surely a good sign
A fish in the hand Img-2030[/url]

As the flood started a couple of seals sensed a hand out and parked themselves 150 yards out and the rod nodded as a Dab decided it was safer out of the water and on the beach too.

A fish in the hand 20200517

A fish in the hand Img-2031
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1717
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4984

A fish in the hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fish in the hand   A fish in the hand EmptySat May 30, 2020 10:58 am

Glad to see a Report from over the Welsh border.I thought we would be inundated with reports when the ban was lifted.
No sign of the mackerel yet?
The seals could be a good sign.
Nice going with the Dab.
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1310
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7136

A fish in the hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fish in the hand   A fish in the hand EmptySat May 30, 2020 5:44 pm

Nice beard! I shaved mine off yesterday. Starting again.

Is it unusual to find fish like that at Rhyl then? Perhaps there are so many in the water this year that some are being forced into the shallows.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1717
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4984

A fish in the hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fish in the hand   A fish in the hand EmptySat May 30, 2020 7:55 pm

I think the Doggies might be missing the human contact,I've caught enough to fill a small trawler. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A fish in the hand Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fish in the hand   A fish in the hand Empty

Back to top Go down

A fish in the hand
Page 1 of 1