Them in ?? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6085
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13584

Clean your reels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean your reels   Clean your reels EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Personally I just hose tripod, rods and reels down to flush out the saltwater and apply an occasional drop of oil, and make sure they get a good airdrying but no doubt others have a more thorough regime to tell us about
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13853

Clean your reels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean your reels   Clean your reels EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 6:04 am

Mine just get a rinse under the hot tap then get left on the draining board till I get moaned at lol!
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6434

Clean your reels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean your reels   Clean your reels EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 5:26 am

Not recomended to put them in water, as once water gets in the works it is very hard to get it out. I use mostly overhead reels, but the same applies for egg beaters,

I tighten up the drag then give them a SHORT LIGHT spray with a garden hose, then shake off any free water, loosen the drag and leave in the sun or wind to dry, seeing as you are in N Wales, I know you do not have much sun! so a warm spot in the house is good. If you have any WD 40 or CRC spray give them a light spray and leave to dry again.
If they get really wet especially with sea water, it would pay to srip them as far as you are confident, then dry them out. And as someone said a tiny bit of oil on moving parts works wonders.

I use Daiwa overheads and I strip them every 6 months or so as salt water and bearings do not do well together.

Look online to see what yor reel makers recomend, and if you are no good with a screwdriver, for expensive reels have them serviced at a tackle store., cheap reels it is probably not worth it but pay more attension to rinsing and drying
Back to top Go down

Clean your reels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean your reels   Clean your reels EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks you 👍🏻👍🏻
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1693
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4899

Clean your reels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean your reels   Clean your reels EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 3:12 am

I oil mine with paraffin,give them a good wind and then let them drain.
Then oil them and wrap them in a cloth until they get used again.
The paraffin washes out the salt etc,and water never gets near the workings.(closing the drag keeps the paraffin and oil off the drag plates)
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

Number of posts : 274
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4965

Clean your reels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean your reels   Clean your reels EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Dont put wd40 anywhere near a multiplier reel,it is a de-greasing agent and will
dissolve all the grease inside your reel,gears etc etc,i wouldnt put it near any reel
to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13853

Clean your reels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean your reels   Clean your reels EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 5:51 am

jimmyjizzmo wrote:
Dont put wd40 anywhere near a multiplier reel,it is a de-greasing agent and will
dissolve all the grease inside your reel,gears etc etc,i wouldnt put it near any reel
to be honest.

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clean your reels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clean your reels   Clean your reels Empty

Back to top Go down

Clean your reels
Page 1 of 1