5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6463

A day that exceded expectations Empty
PostSubject: A day that exceded expectations   A day that exceded expectations EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 1:40 am

High tide 7-30 pm, fished 4-30pm to 8-45pm, wind SW moderate, sunny

It was one of those afternoons "I am going fishing anyway" Most things were wrong, late afternoon on a sunny day, a bit of a SW wind which can cause longshore drift and dirty water, will I even find a park with all the sun seekers there, and there could be a crowd.

Well, nobody fishing when I arrived so I set up on the RH corner, my favourite spot in most conditions, however there was practically no wind, breaking waves everywhere and at times a fair current north. Over the next hour I caught one very small kahawai from broken water inside the sand bar. Next cast produced a healthy bend in the rod and something heavy out there that pulled back, then nothing, "oh well only a shark" but the hook was still there, and the heavy could have been the 6 oz sand grip sinker and a small fish?

There were now 6 rods apart from my 2, so I abandoned my spot to move down the rock to target a patch of quiet water just past where the current was pulling everyone's lines. First off was a small yellow eye mullet which I kept for a photo and for bait.

A day that exceded expectations Img_5514

Most baits were returning relatively untouched, so were returned to the sea, next a healthy pull produced a good kahawai, kept for smoking.

A day that exceded expectations Img_5515

From then on, a bite and fish every quarter of an hour or so

A day that exceded expectations Img_5516

A day that exceded expectations Img_5517

and I finished with the above plus another trevally and 2 more snapper to feed our crowd of UK relatives who had decended on us for our daughter's wedding

A day that exceded expectations Img_0010

Towards high tide the current slowed and the front of the rock gave plenty of kahawai but only a couple of snapper, though one was much better than my ones.

Not a frantic session but steady untill 8pm when my spot went quiet. Untill next time -
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7842

PostSubject: Re: A day that exceded expectations   A day that exceded expectations EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:38 am

Well done Lloyd.fishing:http://www.for:http://www.for
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4946

PostSubject: Re: A day that exceded expectations   A day that exceded expectations EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 12:37 pm

Nice one Rhod,I think most of us would call that a very good session. lol!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13882

PostSubject: Re: A day that exceded expectations   A day that exceded expectations EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Well done Rhod cth
Sorry that you've got bright sunshine sunny
We've got snow hail and ice Snowman

Swap Question

That heavy pull thing you had was probably a Pin Whiting we get them all the time, their stronger than they look which is why I target them Exclamation  Embarassed
Great looking fish thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13630

PostSubject: Re: A day that exceded expectations   A day that exceded expectations EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 7:58 pm

Like the last photo, very atmospheric.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A day that exceded expectations   A day that exceded expectations EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Some nice fish there, snappers look ace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A day that exceded expectations   A day that exceded expectations Empty

Back to top Go down

A day that exceded expectations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: International Fishing Reports-
Jump to: