3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6084
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13573

Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach Empty
PostSubject: Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach   Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Saturday.
After a (non-fishing) trip to Wallasey and a look at the Mersey up by Magazine Road (must try the Mersey) I just had to scoot back and take m'self off fishing

Stepped on to the beach ( at the Ty Bach mark) just before Low late Saturday afternoon to see a couple of Micro lights on the beach near The Sun Centre, one of them nose down in the sand and being hit with a big spanner by the sound of it.

Three 4x4s in attendance, no sign of an ambulance so hopefully everyone OK.

Regret not going over for a photo really, but I was focussed on fishing, thought there would be something about it on tinternet this morning but can't find anything.

One subsequently took off, not sure what happened to the other, trailer job as the light fell and the tide raced in I guess.

Meanwhile back at the water's edge, with number one beach rod and reel poorly I'd gone light with the bass rod, probably not a bad tactic with no wind or surf and micro whiting expected. A couple of small rattles didn't connect for me but Maestro hooked a small plaice.

Back home for tea and out again to the Point ( non flashing flashy light spot) for an hour or so over High up until Midnight. All dead calm

Another couple of non-connecting rattles followed by a reasonable sized whiting on frozen lug putting paid to the blank.
J P Jones to my right landed a pin whiting and another half decent one on slivers of herring.

Couple of lads to our left using mackerel reckoned to have had 7 whiting and 2 weever from where the sand has disappeared and it's looking snaggy.

TTFN.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9120

PostSubject: Re: Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach   Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Nice report Paul.
It all happens down on Rhyl beach!!!! Smile

Am I right in assuming that there wont be a 'Microlite mark' to join the Trolley mark?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8013

PostSubject: Re: Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach   Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:26 pm

When i passed there were 2 fire engines in the Sun Centre carpark, a Coatguard and an RNLI unit on the beach and the police helicopter overhead.

It all goes on in Sunny Rhyl.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6084
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13573

PostSubject: Re: Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach   Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:43 pm

fairziff wrote:

Am I right in assuming that there wont be a 'Microlite mark' to join the Trolley mark?

That one's a bit up in the air at the moment...
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9120

PostSubject: Re: Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach   Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Probably just a couple of 'Fly by nights' getting my hopes up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach   Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach Empty

Back to top Go down

Fly. Fishing Rhyl Beach
Page 1 of 1