sunnyrhyl.com

For Anglers Everywhere
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Splashing at the point

Go down 
AuthorMessage
squidward
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 940
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4990
Location : Rhyl

PostSubject: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 pm

I had a couple of hours at Splash Point over high today it was a big tide with a bit of wind behind it, but I managed a couple of chubby little bass and a flounder.





Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9862
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Beats working!
Seeing the tackle and bait sticker on your box reminds me, I notice the sweet shop on Vale Road has been replaced by something far more interesting!
Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 6552
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 11295
Location : Colwyn Bay

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Well done Squiders cth thumbs up
Back to top Go down
squidward
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 940
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4990
Location : Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:30 am

Notbad wrote:
Beats working!
Seeing the tackle and bait sticker on your box reminds me, I notice the sweet shop on Vale Road has been replaced by something far more interesting!

Yes Paul, Harry`s tackle and bait under new management with Rob and Jayne Harrison in charge stocking a lot more tackle ranges and bait, well worth a visit.
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 372
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4134
Location : Bottom of the world, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 am

Well done Squidward, It is interesting that there seem to be more small bass about, hope they grow bigger for the next few years.
Back to top Go down
squidward
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 940
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4990
Location : Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Well done Squidward, It is interesting that there seem to be more small bass about, hope they grow bigger for the next few years.

Very promising Rhod, some people have been getting a dozen or more in a session. I just hope that all our returned fish don`t end up in a Spanish trawler off Cornwall in the winter.
Mad
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 834
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1842
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 am

Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!
Back to top Go down
squidward
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 940
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4990
Location : Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:01 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!

We`ve got a match at Rhosneigr on Saturday on a South West facing beach, should be fun. affraid
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 834
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1842
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:25 pm

squidward wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!

We`ve got a match at Rhosneigr on Saturday on a South West facing beach, should be fun. affraid

Don't forget your "Sou-Wester" lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9862
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:22 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!

Ah yes with Winfield Tackle!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 834
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1842
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!

Ah yes with Winfield Tackle!

Wasn't woolworths part of Winfields at one time?
The tackle they used to sell was a bit iffy. lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9862
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:27 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!

Ah yes with Winfield Tackle!

Wasn't woolworths part of Winfields at one time?
The tackle they used to sell was a bit iffy. lol!

Put Woolworths Winfield tackle in the internet for lots of nostalgia ( for those of us old enough)
Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 6552
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 11295
Location : Colwyn Bay

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Notbad wrote:




Put Woolworths Winfield tackle in the internet for lots of nostalgia ( for those of us old enough)  

That counts me out then lol!
Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 6552
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 11295
Location : Colwyn Bay

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 pm

squidward wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!

We`ve got a match at Rhosneigr on Saturday on a South West facing beach, should be fun. affraid



Might not be to bad thumbs up
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 834
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1842
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:58 am

Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!

Ah yes with Winfield Tackle!

Wasn't woolworths part of Winfields at one time?
The tackle they used to sell was a bit iffy. lol!

Put Woolworths Winfield tackle in the internet for lots of nostalgia ( for those of us old enough)

I'l do that,should pass the time away for an hour. lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 834
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1842
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:05 am

Logger wrote:
squidward wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Looks like a wet and windy weekend,you might have to cast in from woolworths next time. lol!

We`ve got a match at Rhosneigr on Saturday on a South West facing beach, should be fun. affraid



Might not be to bad  thumbs up

Haha,the storm was in and out like a cat in a fishmongers.
It threw it down for an hour here in Manchester,and that was it.
Good job you put the forecast up Dave,If people only believed the media weather reports,I bet a lot of people wouldn't have turned out.
The storm has Gone south east to test the London flood barriers lol!
Back to top Go down
tatch
Mullet Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 987
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3998
Location : holmfirth west yorkshire

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Nice one that is a chubby bass as well cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete E
Dab Hunter


Number of posts : 47
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1017
Location : North Wales

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm

squidward wrote:
Yes Paul, Harry`s tackle and bait under new management with Rob and Jayne Harrison in charge stocking a lot more tackle ranges and bait, well worth a visit.

Is this in addition to Harry's shop at Rhuddlan? Or has that gone now?
Back to top Go down
squidward
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 940
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4990
Location : Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Pete E wrote:
squidward wrote:
Yes Paul, Harry`s tackle and bait under new management with Rob and Jayne Harrison in charge stocking a lot more tackle ranges and bait, well worth a visit.

Is this in addition to Harry's shop at Rhuddlan? Or has that gone now?

The Rhuddlan shop is closed now Pete. Andrew sold the business to the new owners and they moved it to Rhyl. it`s only 5 minutes away from the old shop you can`t miss it if you come into Rhyl from Rhuddlan it faces you on the corner of the traffic lights on the way into town.
Back to top Go down
Pete E
Dab Hunter


Number of posts : 47
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1017
Location : North Wales

PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 pm

squidward wrote:

The Rhuddlan shop is closed now Pete. Andrew sold the business to the new owners and they moved it to Rhyl. it`s only 5 minutes away from the old shop you can`t miss it if you come into Rhyl from Rhuddlan it faces you on the corner of the traffic lights on the way into town.

Thanks for that, its saved me a wasted trip! Hope the new owners make a go of it...Lost my local (Lionel's Fishing Tackle) shop in the summer; very sad to see them close as they had been in business in excess of 30 years that I know of...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Splashing at the point   

Back to top Go down
 
Splashing at the point
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: