sunnyrhyl.com

The Home of Fishing
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Rhosneigr rockpools

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SimonT
Giant Squid Hunter
SimonT

Number of posts : 269
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1659
Location : Wigan

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Had a few hours in the rockpools on Sunday the 5th August (this year is going quick) over in Rhosneigr

There was very few prawns about and a lack of species but they were absolutely heaving with fish, they were everywhere. At least a thousand in shoals, I think they were juvenile sandsmelt but I'm no expert. I saw a few bass in among them too you can see the odd one or two fleetingly on the video.
I was freezing after a few hours and went to warm up, I forgot the camera when going back to the pools. I literally jumped out my skin as a came head first into a nice bass, it looked a shocked as me and quickly scarpered.
The schoolies are lighting fast! The video is mostly just the teeming little fish, I saw one bass as you can hear from the video, there is another I didn't see until I watched the video back. Sound is good considering I was talking underwater.

https://youtu.be/McjTi9B8idI

_________________
Www.turnerstackle.co.uk

www.angleseyisle.co.uk


Last edited by SimonT on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://Www.turnerstackle.co.uk    www.angleseyisle.co.uk
VALVEBOUNCE
Tope Hunter


Number of posts : 1049
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2445
Location : MANCHESTER

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 11:08 pm

SimonT wrote:
Had a few hours in the rockpools on Sunday the 5th August (this year is going quick) over in Rhosneigr

There was very few prawns about and a lack of species but they were absolutely heaving with fish, they were everywhere. At least a thousand in shoals, I think they were juvenile sandsmelt but I'm no expert. I saw a few bass in among them too you can see the odd one of two fleetingly on the video.
I was freezing after a few hours and went to warm up, I forgot the camera when going back to the pools. I literally jumped out my skin as a came head first into a nice bass, it looked a shocked as me and quickly scarpered.
The schoolies are lighting fast! The video is mostly just the teeming little fish, I saw one bass as you can hear from the video, there is another I didn't see until I watched the video back. Sound is good considering I was talking under water Shocked

https://youtu.be/McjTi9B8idI
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Tope Hunter


Number of posts : 1049
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2445
Location : MANCHESTER

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 11:10 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
SimonT wrote:
Had a few hours in the rockpools on Sunday the 5th August (this year is going quick) over in Rhosneigr

There was very few prawns about and a lack of species but they were absolutely heaving with fish, they were everywhere. At least a thousand in shoals, I think they were juvenile sandsmelt but I'm no expert. I saw a few bass in among them too you can see the odd one of two fleetingly on the video.
I was freezing after a few hours and went to warm up, I forgot the camera when going back to the pools. I literally jumped out my skin as a came head first into a nice bass, it looked a shocked as me and quickly scarpered.
The schoolies are lighting fast! The video is mostly just the teeming little fish, I saw one bass as you can hear from the video, there is another I didn't see until I watched the video back. Sound is good considering I was talking under water Shocked

https://youtu.be/McjTi9B8idI

Nowt doin' on U tube Si,just an exclamation mark. scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
SimonT
Giant Squid Hunter
SimonT

Number of posts : 269
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1659
Location : Wigan

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 11:35 pm

Hmm lol, will have a look tomorrow.  Seems ok on my phone
Should be ok now Rock on

_________________
Www.turnerstackle.co.uk

www.angleseyisle.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.turnerstackle.co.uk    www.angleseyisle.co.uk
VALVEBOUNCE
Tope Hunter


Number of posts : 1049
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2445
Location : MANCHESTER

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 12:58 am

SimonT wrote:
Hmm lol, will have a look tomorrow.  Seems ok on my phone
Should be ok now Rock on

Yep,got it on now.Nice vid,makes me want to get back out there.

Can you clarify where you were?
Say you came down to the beach in Rhosneigr on the main street,which way did you go,left or right?
I've gone to the right in the past near the little river that runs out from near valley airfield.
When the tide is in there's sandbars and loads of young flatties in the river in the deep holes.

Great place Rhosneigr,had a fortnight there a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN
Logger

Number of posts : 6876
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 12136
Location : Colwyn Bay

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 5:43 am

Great video Cool
Your a real Jack Custard and no mistake lol!
Back to top Go down
SimonT
Giant Squid Hunter
SimonT

Number of posts : 269
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1659
Location : Wigan

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 am

No idea what jack custard means cheers
Googled and it's donut chain America lol.

The Rock pools are to the right, cross the river and head to the rocky outcrop where the rspb caravan is tucked into the dunes and its that section.

_________________
Www.turnerstackle.co.uk

www.angleseyisle.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.turnerstackle.co.uk    www.angleseyisle.co.uk
VALVEBOUNCE
Tope Hunter


Number of posts : 1049
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2445
Location : MANCHESTER

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 12:20 pm

SimonT wrote:
No idea what jack custard means cheers
Googled and it's donut chain America lol.

The Rock pools are to the right, cross the river and head to the rocky outcrop where the rspb caravan is tucked into the dunes and its that section.

Jaques dooda the Frenchman that breathed under water(Jack Custard) lol!

Thanks for the info,shows how long it has been since I was there,there was no RSPB caravan.
I fancy having a look at the far end of the beach(to the left) those little rocky islands are in slightly deeper water,but they look worth a snorkel.
We used an inflatable with oars and an anchor in Cornwall,dead handy to get out a bit deeper,and the inflatable was a good "go back to safety idea"
My inflatable is 10ft,with a stainless steel transom bracket on it,it can take an electric motor,or upto a 2hp outboard.
The whole kit and caboodle only cost less than 250 quid.(can't use the pound sign,I've pressed something and the keyboard has gone part north American.) lol!
Great vid,I enjoyed watching it.
Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN
Logger

Number of posts : 6876
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 12136
Location : Colwyn Bay

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:55 pm

SimonT wrote:
No idea what jack custard means cheers
Googled and it's donut chain America lol.

The Rock pools are to the right, cross the river and head to the rocky outcrop where the rspb caravan is tucked into the dunes and its that section.

Jack Custard = Jacques Cousteau Laughing Kids Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 5016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 10417
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Half the people I work with don’t get the references I make,
Mind you I don’t get theirs either!

Ah Calypso!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 5016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 10417
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Fascinating video Simon, I found myself holding my breath watching it!
Back to top Go down
SimonT
Giant Squid Hunter
SimonT

Number of posts : 269
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1659
Location : Wigan

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 9:02 pm

It was fun making the video!

Did anyone see the bass? They were very quick.

_________________
Www.turnerstackle.co.uk

www.angleseyisle.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.turnerstackle.co.uk    www.angleseyisle.co.uk
VALVEBOUNCE
Tope Hunter


Number of posts : 1049
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2445
Location : MANCHESTER

Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Nope,they must have been faster than light. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Rhosneigr rockpools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhosneigr rockpools   Rhosneigr rockpools Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Rhosneigr rockpools
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: General Stuff :: Gallery :: Fishing related videos-
Jump to: