4 posters
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

Number of posts : 1705
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4945

A long,long,dissapointing day Empty
PostSubject: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 2:57 am

Launched out of Ronnies on the straits on Friday,planned to get there for 12 noon,got there at 3pm.
I underestimated the time it took to load up and sort out what we needed to take,the traffic was heavy all the way(115 miles)
Chris and his mate were very helpful.
We launched at 3pm.Had about an hour trying out the boat,pulled over out of the tidal flow to try out the anchor buoy and techniques.
With us both being at the bow,it lifted the engine too far out of the water,and caused it to overheat.
Couldn't get it to restart.
Luckily,we were out of the main tidal flow,not far from the shore,we had to use the paddles (oars) to get back to the launching point.
Chris spotted us and came in with the tractor and pulled us out,what a great guy.
After two and a half years of waiting to get the boat on the water,believe me,dissapointment wasn't the word.
I might stick a 6hp Evinrude on the boat and finish the summer season chugging around out of Rhyl to do a bit of fishing.
The 5hp Yamaha I had as an emergency engine came loose on the bracket(sprung transom bracket)turned out the bracket itself wouldn't stay clipped up.We had taken it off to save it jumping off on the way.
Good job I took the paddles(oars)
So,back to the drawing board Haha lol!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13881

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:41 am

Glad you got out at last and at least you know what you need for next time cheers
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7841

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 9:33 am

You did it well done. boat cheers
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 11:55 am

Logger wrote:
Glad you got out at last and at least you know what you need for next time cheers

Thanks,yep,it was a learning curve,good job it was at Ronnies on the straits,if it had conked out out of Rhyl harbour we might have drifted over to Ireland lol!
Without me asking,Chris at Ronnies said he thought the boat was a good boat,and had a good shaped hull.So that cheered me up a bit,Haha.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 11:57 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
You did it well done. boat cheers

Thanks KD,I slept that night like a log lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13629

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 9:12 pm

The A55 traffic is full on at weekends now Summer's here. We'd been to Chester in the morning and diverted down to the coast on the return to Rhyl mid day to miss the traffic

Worth adding a radio to your shopping list but well done for getting the boat out at last, good trial to work out what needs to be improved.

Any photos? We can help you to post a pic if you struggle with it.

boat

Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13881

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Notbad wrote:

Same goes for anybody else thumbs up
I'm always available...... Sadly Violin
lol!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 1:20 am

Notbad wrote:
The A55 traffic is full on at weekends now Summer's here. We'd been to Chester in the morning and diverted down to the coast on the return to Rhyl mid day to miss the traffic

Worth adding a radio to your shopping list but well done for getting the boat out at last, good trial to work out what needs to be improved.

boat

Thanks Paul,We didn't take any pics unfortunately,I do struggle getting pics up,so I will take you up on your offer when I have some if that's ok.
I found the problem with the outboard,one of the HT leads had melted against the engine block.
I have a new radio,and radio mast ready to fit,and a 12 volt battery.
Looks like I will have to take the flywheel and coils off to fit the new HT leads.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Legend
VALVEBOUNCE

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 1:26 am

Logger wrote:
Notbad wrote:

Same goes for anybody else thumbs up
I'm always available...... Sadly Violin
             lol!

Thanks for the offer Dave.(Can you play The piano is on my foot? Rock on Rock on ) rolling laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A long,long,dissapointing day   A long,long,dissapointing day Empty

Back to top Go down

A long,long,dissapointing day
Page 1 of 1