sunnyrhyl.com

For Anglers Everywhere
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Last few weeks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 268
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3675
Location : Llysfaen

PostSubject: Last few weeks   Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:57 pm

Here's a few pics from the last few weeks, managed to get out on the yak a few times, locally and down the llyn on a weeks holiday, also done some plugging and bait fishing. We got lucky with the weather whilst away.  we've got some stunning coastline on our doorstep
20180609 183724

20180530 192433

20180531 102857

20180531 103756

20180603 212331

20180603 222012

20180605 103635

20180605 105859

20180621 100701

20180609 130804

20180609 142804

20180609 213732

20180609 205341

20180611 165012

20180611 210551

20180612 122336

20180612 131831

20180612 130913

20180612 182811

20180613 133259

20180511 103825

20180511 105509

20180513 220315

20180610 124251

20180611 165010

20180611 164521

20180611 165928

20180611 172646

20180613 134550

20180614 144240


Last edited by Dan on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 6471
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 11114
Location : Colwyn Bay

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:25 am

No doubt about it, stunning it is Cool cth
Back to top Go down
Dyl
Pin Whiting Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 15
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 519
Location : Mold

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Some good fishing and some nice weather u can’t beat it Cool that 5th photo down is a corker!! U need to get that on framed
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 4787
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9751
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Awesome pics!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 818
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1772
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:49 am

Some great pics there Dan,Both coasts of the Llyn?
Back to top Go down
Dan
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 268
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3675
Location : Llysfaen

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:34 am

Dyl wrote:
Some good fishing and some nice weather u can’t beat it Cool that 5th photo down is a corker!! U need to get that on framed
Cant beat a good sun set, you don't get many nights like that on the beach Cool
Back to top Go down
Dan
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 268
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3675
Location : Llysfaen

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Some great pics there Dan,Both coasts of the Llyn?
We stayed at the end of the llyn, a couple of miles from aberdaron so did most of the fishing down there. The only time I ventured away was when I went to pwllheli for a few hours 1 afternoon, was hoping for a bream or 2 for the bbq but had dogs and dabs!
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 818
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1772
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 am

Dan wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Some great pics there Dan,Both coasts of the Llyn?
We stayed at the end of the llyn, a couple of miles from aberdaron so did most of the fishing down there. The only time I ventured away was when I went to pwllheli for a few hours 1 afternoon, was hoping for a bream or 2 for the bbq but had dogs and dabs!

The favorite spot is just out of the harbour to the right about 250yds from the beach for Bream.
We used to fish St Tudwells roads from Pwllheli down to the islands past Abersoch,we had 13 different species in one trip.Great area and scenery.
Did you know they get Green Turtles at Aberdaron?
Back to top Go down
Dan
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 268
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3675
Location : Llysfaen

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Dan wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Some great pics there Dan,Both coasts of the Llyn?
We stayed at the end of the llyn, a couple of miles from aberdaron so did most of the fishing down there. The only time I ventured away was when I went to pwllheli for a few hours 1 afternoon, was hoping for a bream or 2 for the bbq but had dogs and dabs!

The favorite spot is just out of the harbour to the right about 250yds from the beach for Bream.
We used to fish St Tudwells roads from Pwllheli down to the islands past Abersoch,we had 13 different species in one trip.Great area and scenery.
Did you know they get Green Turtles at Aberdaron?
Yeah it's lovely down there. Didn't know you got green turtles there, I know they get leatherbacks down there.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 818
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1772
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Dan wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Dan wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Some great pics there Dan,Both coasts of the Llyn?
We stayed at the end of the llyn, a couple of miles from aberdaron so did most of the fishing down there. The only time I ventured away was when I went to pwllheli for a few hours 1 afternoon, was hoping for a bream or 2 for the bbq but had dogs and dabs!

The favorite spot is just out of the harbour to the right about 250yds from the beach for Bream.
We used to fish St Tudwells roads from Pwllheli down to the islands past Abersoch,we had 13 different species in one trip.Great area and scenery.
Did you know they get Green Turtles at Aberdaron?
Yeah it's lovely down there. Didn't know you got green turtles there, I know they get leatherbacks down there.

Haha,I might have my turtle types mixed up lol!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 268
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3675
Location : Llysfaen

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:26 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Dan wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Dan wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
Some great pics there Dan,Both coasts of the Llyn?
We stayed at the end of the llyn, a couple of miles from aberdaron so did most of the fishing down there. The only time I ventured away was when I went to pwllheli for a few hours 1 afternoon, was hoping for a bream or 2 for the bbq but had dogs and dabs!

The favorite spot is just out of the harbour to the right about 250yds from the beach for Bream.
We used to fish St Tudwells roads from Pwllheli down to the islands past Abersoch,we had 13 different species in one trip.Great area and scenery.
Did you know they get Green Turtles at Aberdaron?
Yeah it's lovely down there. Didn't know you got green turtles there, I know they get leatherbacks down there.

Haha,I might have my turtle types mixed up lol!
lol! a turtle Is a turtle in my book aswell Wink
Back to top Go down
tatch
Mullet Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 983
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3940
Location : holmfirth west yorkshire

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:26 pm

some cracking photos there dan Rock on Rock on fishing
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Sea Snake Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 359
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4065
Location : Bottom of the world, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:51 am

They do get leatherback turtles there, they are the largest of the marine turtles and their size allows them to stand cooler water. We get them here ocasionally, but we are nothing like the latitude you are. Thank the gulf stream, Britain would be just about unliveable without it.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 818
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1772
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:25 am

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
They do get leatherback turtles there, they are the largest of the marine turtles and their size allows them to stand cooler water. We get them here ocasionally, but we are nothing like the latitude you are. Thank the gulf stream, Britain would be just about unliveable without it.

Yep Rhod,it would be a bit nippy without the Gulf stream.
what predates the Leatherbacks in your neck of the woods?
Just wondering what predates them in Aberdaron.
When I was a kid,you could buy tins of Turtle soup,you long in the tooth enough to remember? lol!
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Sea Snake Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 359
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4065
Location : Bottom of the world, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:05 pm

First to Dan, what a great report, and those photos great, the first sunset one I put on to full screen which for some reason appears as 3 times the screen size, and I was able to scroll down from the very bright to the very dark, the reflection of the sun on the sea is amazing. The fish are good too.
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Sea Snake Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 359
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4065
Location : Bottom of the world, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:14 pm

Back to the turtles, I have not heard of anything having a go at the leatherbacks, they get up to 10ft long and nearly a ton, thou most are up to 6ft. I know that in the tropics tiger sharks eat turtles, but I supose the big mako and white pointers we get here would have a go.
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter


Number of posts : 818
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1772
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Back to the turtles, I have not heard of anything having a go at the leatherbacks, they get up to 10ft long and nearly a ton, thou most are up to 6ft. I know that in the tropics tiger sharks eat turtles, but I supose the big mako and white pointers we get here would have a go.

I had no idea they grew so big,my rowing boat is 10ft long and 5ft wide,be a shock to get one along side it.
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Sea Snake Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 359
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4065
Location : Bottom of the world, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:37 am

One of our brave lads out game fishing for marlin off our east coast foul hooked a leatherback, and "fought" it for an hour before finding out what it was, swam away happily after being released
Back to top Go down
Dan
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 268
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3675
Location : Llysfaen

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
First to Dan, what a great report, and those photos great, the first sunset one I put on to full screen which for some reason appears as 3 times the screen size, and I was able to scroll down from the very bright to the very dark, the reflection of the sun on the sea is amazing. The fish are good too.
I've never been good with uploading pics, they're off my phone so that might have something to do with it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 2009
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5993
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:08 am

Still cant see them.

Ill take my own next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Last few weeks   

Back to top Go down
 
Last few weeks
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: