sunnyrhyl.com

For Anglers Everywhere

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Not a lot going on.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict

Number of posts : 2396
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5362

PostSubject: Not a lot going on.   Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:09 am

Ross and myself decided to have a trip to Colwyn Bay high tide at 17.00 so set of from Stafford at about 11.00. Went to Tackle & Bait at Pensarn on the way for our bait (really good bait at a great price, frozen Lug 4 packet for £10), then onto the Prom at Colwyn Bay arrived at about 14.00 the sea was just coming up to the wall. It was a lovely day to site in the sun but a bit to sunny for fishing(they don't like the sun). Set up and settled down for 6 hrs fishing. High tide came, all my food gone and I was the only thing biting, except the Crabs they were stripping the bait after 20 minutes. Logger came to see use with his dog and had a chat he stopped of an hour and while he was there I got a bit but it swam away and never came back again. We packet up and went and bought some chips at about 19.00 both of use blanked, but it was a great day by the sea and the sunset was to die for. Got home at about 22.00 a little tired but happy all the same. On pictures as my phone is an old one just calls and texts. sunny fishing sunny fishing
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Skate Hunter

Number of posts : 834
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1842

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:02 pm

You gave it a go KD,and had a nice day out.
I think you were unlucky with tides(bit low)
Nice of Logger to come and see you (El Presedenti) lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete E
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 47
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1017

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Ross and myself decided to have a trip to Colwyn Bay high tide at 17.00 so set of from Stafford at about 11.00. Went to Tackle & Bait at Pensarn on the way for our bait (really good bait at a great price, frozen Lug 4 packet for £10), then onto the Prom at Colwyn Bay arrived at about 14.00 the sea was just coming up to the wall. It was a lovely day to site in the sun but a bit to sunny for fishing(they don't like the sun). Set up and settled down for 6 hrs fishing. High tide came, all my food gone and I was the only thing biting, except the Crabs they were stripping the bait after 20 minutes. Logger came to see use with his dog and had a chat he stopped of an hour and while he was there I got a bit but it swam away and never came back again. We packet up and went and bought some chips at about 19.00 both of use blanked, but it was a great day by the sea and the sunset was to die for. Got home at about 22.00 a little tired but happy all the same. On pictures as my phone is an old one just calls and texts. sunny fishing sunny fishing

I have been told by people with far more experience than me that that particular stretch of coast fishes better a couple of hours down to low and a couple of hours back up...

Like you I have always tended to fish the high there, but I think that's me being lazy as its so easy to fish "out of your car"...I will give the low a try when I get a chance though, as what I am doing now isn't really producing anything of any note...
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter

Number of posts : 3575
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:10 am

Its all about wetting a line jim great effort cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN

Number of posts : 6552
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 11295

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 am

Was good to see you Jim and it's been ages since I've seen Ross so was good to catch up Very Happy

I did get an action shot of Ross casting....

Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:52 am

Pete E wrote:

.... that particular stretch of coast fishes better a couple of hours down to low and a couple of hours back up...

It's definatly better over low unless your Mackerel fishing or hitting the winter Whiting  thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict

Number of posts : 2396
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Logger wrote:
Pete E wrote:

.... that particular stretch of coast fishes better a couple of hours down to low and a couple of hours back up...

It's definatly better over low unless your Mackerel fishing or hitting the winter Whiting  thumbs up
Nice to see you Dave it's far to infrequent. I do take your point about low tide but when we are traveling so far it is very difficult to pick the best time and just to wet a line is good. Ross has also had an OP. On his leg so fishing out the car was OK for use, and the Sunset was worth the journey we don't get them like that by use not enough sky.
Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Logger wrote:
Pete E wrote:

Nice to see you Dave it's far to infrequent. I do take your point about low tide but when we are traveling so far it is very difficult to pick the best time and just to wet a line is good. Ross has also had an OP. On his leg so fishing out the car was OK for use, and the Sunset was worth the journey we don't get them like that by use not enough sky.

Don't worry I've blanked there at Low water as well.... Plenty of times Embarassed
lol!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN

Number of posts : 4830
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9862

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Had a walk down Rhos on Sea on Saturday,
Turned out it was pirate day, very funny.

Quite like how the prom from Rhos to Colwyn has been remodelled ( except for the missing pier)
But what are those spine shattering bits of metal on the bench seats all about? Hook sharpeners perhaps?
Back to top Go down
kirky
Tub Gurnard Hunter

Number of posts : 153
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3065

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:54 pm

Just a few photos from Colwyn Bay. Lovely afternoon, nice to see Dave again. I’m sure Jim & me self will make the effort to get back up to North Wales soon.

Back to top Go down
kirky
Tub Gurnard Hunter

Number of posts : 153
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3065

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:57 pm

And a few more.

ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Not a lot going on.   Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:28 am

Haha you've caught me napping on camera Laughing