sunnyrhyl.com

For Anglers Everywhere
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Snot a great night at Mostyn.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 2009
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5993
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:33 am

Fished Mostyn for a few hours last night with Terry.

Small tide so it wasnt great.

Terry had a couple of Flounders.

I had 1 and a half ( one fell off coming up the rocks ) but i also had an Eel for the hunt cheers



I was hoping that would be my one for the year but next cast i wasnt too disappointed with a new PB Eel of 2lb 3oz Shocked



Sadly, there were no Plaice but we will try again on a better tide.

Back to top Go down
Logger
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 6471
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 11114
Location : Colwyn Bay

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 am

Very nice Snotty cheers
That's the fish not you lol!
Well done Rock on
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 2367
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5279
Location : Stafford, Staffordshire

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:54 am

Well done for catching. cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete E
Dab Hunter


Number of posts : 45
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 961
Location : North Wales

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 am

headwyn wrote:
Fished Mostyn for a few hours last night with Terry.

Small tide so it wasnt great.

Terry had a couple of Flounders.


I was hoping that would be my one for the year but next cast i wasnt too disappointed with a new PB Eel of 2lb 3oz Shocked

Sadly, there were no Plaice but we will try again on a better tide.


Well done on the PB eel!

Never had much luck at Mostyn...Just curious, but what do you consider a "better tide"? Also, was there much weed about?
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 2009
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5993
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:43 pm

No weed and the water wasnt stinking of algae either. The algae doesnt seem to affect fishing in the Dee as much as local beaches as the fresh water is more dense than sea water and sits below it in the water column meaning the fish can still breathe and feed when there appears to be lots of brown froth on the surface. This is not the same on the local shallow beaches.

We fished a neap tide of 24ft last night. Would have preferred to fish on a 27 - 29ft tide. Spring tides over 30ft would result in not being able to hold bottom due to the increased tide pull.
Back to top Go down
tatch
Mullet Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 983
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3940
Location : holmfirth west yorkshire

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Nice one always good to get a pb cheers cheers cheers cheers fishing
Back to top Go down
Pete E
Dab Hunter


Number of posts : 45
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 961
Location : North Wales

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:16 pm

headwyn wrote:
No weed and the water wasnt stinking of algae either. The algae doesnt seem to affect fishing in the Dee as much as local beaches as the fresh water is more dense than sea water and sits below it in the water column meaning the fish can still breathe and feed when there appears to be lots of brown froth on the surface. This is not the same on the local shallow beaches.

We fished a neap tide of 24ft last night. Would have preferred to fish on a 27 - 29ft tide. Spring tides over 30ft would result in not being able to hold bottom due to the increased tide pull.

Cheers mate, that's most helpful..Never caught a smoothhound before, but hope to get out to Talacre on Sunday afternoon and give it a go...
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 2009
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5993
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Pete E wrote:
Cheers mate, that's most helpful..Never caught a smoothhound before, but hope to get out to Talacre on Sunday afternoon and give it a go...

Good luck. I would imagine it will be busy.

Tide size wont matter so much at Talacre as you are fishing into the channel at low even on small tides.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
avatar

Number of posts : 4787
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9751
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:08 pm

You wiped your nose then, no blank.
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 3563
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7807
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:07 am

Well done kev cracking eels thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   

Back to top Go down
 
Snot a great night at Mostyn.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: