AuthorMessage
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8044

Snot a great night at Mostyn. Empty
PostSubject: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 2:33 am

Fished Mostyn for a few hours last night with Terry.

Small tide so it wasnt great.

Terry had a couple of Flounders.

I had 1 and a half ( one fell off coming up the rocks ) but i also had an Eel for the hunt cheers

Snot a great night at Mostyn. 100_1937

I was hoping that would be my one for the year but next cast i wasnt too disappointed with a new PB Eel of 2lb 3oz Shocked

Snot a great night at Mostyn. 100_1938

Sadly, there were no Plaice but we will try again on a better tide.

Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13874

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 am

Very nice Snotty cheers
That's the fish not you lol!
Well done Rock on
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2855
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7828

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 9:54 am

Well done for catching. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 10:49 am

headwyn wrote:
Fished Mostyn for a few hours last night with Terry.

Small tide so it wasnt great.

Terry had a couple of Flounders.

I was hoping that would be my one for the year but next cast i wasnt too disappointed with a new PB Eel of 2lb 3oz Shocked

Sadly, there were no Plaice but we will try again on a better tide.

Well done on the PB eel!

Never had much luck at Mostyn...Just curious, but what do you consider a "better tide"? Also, was there much weed about?
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 12:43 pm

No weed and the water wasnt stinking of algae either. The algae doesnt seem to affect fishing in the Dee as much as local beaches as the fresh water is more dense than sea water and sits below it in the water column meaning the fish can still breathe and feed when there appears to be lots of brown froth on the surface. This is not the same on the local shallow beaches.

We fished a neap tide of 24ft last night. Would have preferred to fish on a 27 - 29ft tide. Spring tides over 30ft would result in not being able to hold bottom due to the increased tide pull.
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6028

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Nice one always good to get a pb cheers cheers cheers cheers fishing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 2:16 pm

headwyn wrote:
No weed and the water wasnt stinking of algae either. The algae doesnt seem to affect fishing in the Dee as much as local beaches as the fresh water is more dense than sea water and sits below it in the water column meaning the fish can still breathe and feed when there appears to be lots of brown froth on the surface. This is not the same on the local shallow beaches.

We fished a neap tide of 24ft last night. Would have preferred to fish on a 27 - 29ft tide. Spring tides over 30ft would result in not being able to hold bottom due to the increased tide pull.

Cheers mate, that's most helpful..Never caught a smoothhound before, but hope to get out to Talacre on Sunday afternoon and give it a go...
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Pete E wrote:
Cheers mate, that's most helpful..Never caught a smoothhound before, but hope to get out to Talacre on Sunday afternoon and give it a go...

Good luck. I would imagine it will be busy.

Tide size wont matter so much at Talacre as you are fishing into the channel at low even on small tides.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6091
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13615

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 9:08 pm

You wiped your nose then, no blank.
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9908

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 12:07 am

Well done kev cracking eels thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snot a great night at Mostyn.   Snot a great night at Mostyn. Empty

Back to top Go down

Snot a great night at Mostyn.
Page 1 of 1