sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lake district??? Were to go??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Lake district??? Were to go?? Empty
PostSubject: Lake district??? Were to go??   Lake district??? Were to go?? EmptySat May 20, 2017 8:59 am

Hiya lads was just wondering if any body on here could help me out?? Im off up to Haven in the lake district for a week next week and really wanted to take my rod with me . But the biggest problem is ive not got a clue were to go? Could anybody give me any advice on this area please?? Much appreciated if so. I will make sure i put a little report up when i get back Smile.
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8022

PostSubject: Re: Lake district??? Were to go??   Lake district??? Were to go?? EmptySat May 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Logger will be able to point you to some great blanking spots!
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9886

PostSubject: Re: Lake district??? Were to go??   Lake district??? Were to go?? EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:05 pm

headwyn wrote:
Logger will be able to point you to some great blanking spots!

lol! lol! lol! He's back up there now
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8022

PostSubject: Re: Lake district??? Were to go??   Lake district??? Were to go?? EmptySun May 21, 2017 8:30 am

Does he do guiding or is that just his dog?
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13852

PostSubject: Re: Lake district??? Were to go??   Lake district??? Were to go?? EmptySun May 21, 2017 10:17 am

Are you going to Flookburgh Question
If so I havnt done much around there but the estuary by Grange over sands can produce some good sport for Flounder, think its a high water mark as the sand at low water is treacherous with quicksand so local knowledge is necessary Exclamation
Across the water from Grange over sands is Arnside which is a little further up the estuary but a very comfortable spot to fish from, go left from the carpark and and its a 5 minute walk to the old life boat house, fish anywhere along there with lug or Mackerel on the flood and over high, can be very muddy but if you stay on the bank you'll be fine Exclamation
The docks at Barrow im told are worth a visit and is on my list of places to try fishing
Silecroft is worth a visit for Bass and isn't far to go, fish by the toilet block in the carpark using fresh Lug fishing 2 hours either side of high water.
Further North you have the beach at Bootle which is a mix of rock and sand and is fished over low water and you can pump lug here too, Codling Bass and flattys can be caught here.
Further up again you have Drigg which is a surf beach and is popular among the Bass fishermen, fish over low on a big tide just left of the rocks known as Drigg scar, can also produce Codling Whiting Flounder Dab and Plaice and plenty of lug to pump here.
A bit further north but a good place to go with the family is Whitehaven as the mrs can go round the shops and you can fish off the beach behind Tesco at low, between the pier and the rocks on the right known as White rock or from either of the harbour piers over high, a very good mark for Plaice with some big Mullet in the harbour.
(Some good cafe's and chip shops here too)

Hope this helps good luck  thumbs up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lake district??? Were to go??   Lake district??? Were to go?? EmptySun May 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Great stuff much appreciated logger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lake district??? Were to go??   Lake district??? Were to go?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lake district??? Were to go??
Page 1 of 1