sunnyrhyl.com

Warning May Contain Nuts
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Slosh 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Pin Whiting Hunter


Number of posts : 13
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 345
Location : Gwynfryn

PostSubject: Slosh 20   Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi has anyone fitted or used a static mag brake unit to there slosh,are they any good
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Pin Whiting Hunter


Number of posts : 13
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 345
Location : Gwynfryn

PostSubject: Slosh   Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Cheers,ye I am new to the slosh and thought it might help with my birds nests
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Bass Hunter


Number of posts : 547
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1126
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Slosh 20   Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:01 pm

I think the trend is going over to fixed spool reels/spinning reels.
I only use multipiers on the boat.
Shore fishing,in my opinion is better with a decent spinning reel.
I have a Shimano that copes with anything.
Just my opinion,no doubt people will prefer multipliers.
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese
avatar

Number of posts : 4488
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9068
Location : Sunny Rhyl, near t'beach and the old folks home

PostSubject: Re: Slosh 20   Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:48 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I think the trend is going over to fixed spool reels/spinning reels.
I only use multipiers on the boat.
Shore fishing,in my opinion is better with a decent spinning reel.
I have a Shimano that copes with anything.
Just my opinion,no doubt people will prefer multipliers.

I mainly use a Shimano fixed spool off the beach, cost a packet but it's outlasted any other FS I've ever bought
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Pin Whiting Hunter


Number of posts : 13
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 345
Location : Gwynfryn

PostSubject: Re: Slosh 20   Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Iv got a penn 7000 and I was given 3 slosh 20s so I just thought I'd start using them to see if I can get any distance
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Bass Hunter


Number of posts : 547
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1126
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Slosh 20   Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Notbad wrote:
VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I think the trend is going over to fixed spool reels/spinning reels.
I only use multipiers on the boat.
Shore fishing,in my opinion is better with a decent spinning reel.
I have a Shimano that copes with anything.
Just my opinion,no doubt people will prefer multipliers.

I mainly use a Shimano fixed spool off the beach, cost a packet but it's outlasted any other FS I've ever bought

I've lost a few valuable hours sorting birds nests out.I can't see the point in making so many allowances with a multiplier when a good spinning reel takes no effort.
Not only that,but you can change the spool and use different line on the spot if need be.
I use multipliers for downtiding,and spinning reels for uptiding.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Great White Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 5815
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9789
Location : Colwyn Bay/Eskdale

PostSubject: Re: Slosh 20   Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I think the trend is going over to fixed spool reels/spinning reels.
I only use multipiers on the boat.


Quite agree thumbs up
Back to top Go down
joker44
Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1607
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4820
Location : Llandudno

PostSubject: Re: Slosh 20   Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:12 am

Ghost wrote:
Iv got a penn 7000 and I was given 3 slosh 20s so I just thought I'd start using them to see if I can get any distance
Try starting with full brakes on reel and cast with a single overhead motion it will take a lot of practice and many many birds nests oh an plenty of line affraid
It took me over a year to learn the multiplier costs plenty in line but great rewards seeing your bait going to the horizon Very Happy
Hope this helps mate

_________________
Having my own lake
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Pin Whiting Hunter


Number of posts : 13
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 345
Location : Gwynfryn

PostSubject: Re: Slosh 20   Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Thanks all fish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Slosh 20   

Back to top Go down
 
Slosh 20
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: General Stuff :: Tackle Reviews And Questions, Ideas-
Jump to: