6 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13881

Bonnie Southerness  Empty
PostSubject: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 9:26 pm

On my way home this afternoon I spotted a likely looking beach about 7 miles along the coast from where im working so thought it would be rude not to go and wet a line for a couple of hours before getting into the Dumfries rush hour and then the M6 madness Mad

Southerness was the place looking straight across to the lake district, it felt odd that earlier in the year I was on that side looking across to Scotland and now im on the other side staring back Exclamation

Bonnie Southerness  Screen11

Bonnie Southerness  20161111
Bonnie Southerness  20161112

Its a massive beach with very few features so I just headed straight out from the car and hoped I would find a good spot fishing

Bonnie Southerness  20161118

Bonnie Southerness  20161137

Armed With some frozen Lug that had been defrosted and refrozen so many times that I wasn't sure if it would be any good at all I set off across the muddy sand to fish the last hour of the ebb and the first hour of the flood fishing

I had three casts on the ebb all of which were fruitless and two on the flood, the weed was a reel pain so I ended up cutting the shock leader off as the knot was collecting loads of the stuff  Mad  
On the last cast just as I was praying for a pin Whiting a lovely plump Flounder took the bait  cth

Bonnie Southerness  20161120

After a quick photo shoot I let him swim off to grow a bit more ready for my next visit cheers

bye

Last edited by Logger on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13629

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Made the journey more bearable I dare say

cth
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7841

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 9:05 am

Looks a nice spot a nice little brake. Be careful on those big flat beaches round that area they can be dangers. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 9:27 am

Nice flounder owdddd cheers
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9915

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Well worth stopping off for well done dave cth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 1:31 am

nice flounder Dave and no blank bye
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6035

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 7:23 pm

Looks a nice spot that Dave well done on the flounder fishing fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Nice one Dave,well done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6462

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 4:50 am

After this report, I have been bugged by a fishing report I read while in UK 5 years ago, it was about a spot in that area, fishing from low rocks at low tide with a lighthouse or pylon behind the angler. After much Google earth searching the Southerness lighthouse looks to be the nearest to the description I read and saw from photos.
It was probably summer, but it was known as a bass and flounder spot. It looks to be an interesting coastline heading west, an area I have never explored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie Southerness    Bonnie Southerness  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie Southerness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: