sunnyrhyl.com

The Number One Fishing Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

12 september wreck fishing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: 12 september wreck fishing   Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:13 pm

with a night sky like this
it had to be worth a try on one of the further out wrecks as this is what I got the boat for.
Know I have to convince the wife and get her on the same wave length I had hatched a cunning plan
slowly make my way out
first stop was the usual wind farm not a lot happening lucky for me Rolling Eyes
lets try a bit further out in a bit deeper water so steamed out till we hit 80 feet of water by the weather mast
O look there is a wreck just over the there its only a mile away so we fished the Alarm not much to see on the bottom
just a small mound popping up about 10 feet of the sea bed again very quiet just a few mackerel
the plan was working
next was the big one mite as well try the Brussels? this went down faster than a lead blown "This was your plan all along" oops
any way of we set found the wreck straight away when we arrived there was a Dive rib and 2 boats fishing from colwyn bay
started of slow with mackerel and whiting
once there was a bit of flow it picked up lots of mackerel and pouting landed a nice ling only small thou

much the same for the next 3 hours.one of the boats at our side had a nice conger
decided to head back as the wind was picking up a bit also this was crossing our bow

back on dry land
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6700

PostSubject: Re: 12 september wreck fishing   Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Well done for getting out that far.
Those excuses were quality!!!!!

Nice to see a picture of a Ling.
Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
twista
Dab Hunter

Number of posts : 44
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3194

PostSubject: Re: 12 september wreck fishing   Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:30 am

Back to top Go down
http://prestatyn-sc.co.uk/
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter

Number of posts : 3293
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6700

PostSubject: Re: 12 september wreck fishing   Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:34 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Notbad
The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4432
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8932

PostSubject: Re: 12 september wreck fishing   Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:13 pm

That was some fabulous sunset Friday night, and the moon looked weird Saturday night as it rose (very red)

I pity those who don't get off the sofa in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 12 september wreck fishing   Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:57 pm

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news Geoff, but it looked to me as if you were fishing the Cairnross, this wreck along with the other 15 in that area and the City of Brussells, Elk, the French Steamship, Rea 5 and the Alarm are from the 1st of july no go areas due to the new traffic seperation zone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 12 september wreck fishing   Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:13 pm

anthony@fish-jensen wrote:
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news Geoff, but it looked to me as if you were fishing the Cairnross, this wreck along with the other 15 in that area and the City of Brussells, Elk, the French Steamship, Rea 5 and the Alarm are from the 1st of july no go areas due to the new traffic seperation zone

I am sure we were on the Brussels but could be wrong
fished the alarm on the way out this just came up on the sonar as a blimp like a sand bank
got the mark for the Brussels from the wrecks of north wales and a member of the rhyl sub auga club.
when i looked around with the side scan on sonar found a pinicle which was about 20 feet of the bed then there was a block of some size just after this
the ferry which passed us did report to holyhead and the mersey that we were at anchor but nothing was said to us 3 boats in total
is the cairnross not closer inland and more towards colwynbay?
dont suppose you have the mark for the princess vik by any chance please Rolling Eyes have got a rought mark but would be nice to pin point before hand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 september wreck fishing   

Back to top Go down

12 september wreck fishing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Small Boats & Kayaks-
Jump to: