sunnyrhyl.com

Warning: Contains Nuts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Slipper Limpets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Logger
The Organ Grinder

Number of posts : 5945
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 10063

PostSubject: Slipper Limpets    Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:24 am

I read an (old) article written by Alan Clarke about using Slipper Limpets for bait fishing

According to the article below it's now an offence to use them if their alive or fresh Exclamation

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gov.uk/government/news/slipper-limpets-not-permitted-to-be-used-as-bait-or-disposed-at-sea&ved=0ahUKEwiYyaaZzKTOAhXkLMAKHe1_A0oQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNH1LeXJhFYD6pYc2ZiHwzxkUDA6oA&sig2=F_A8YyUC9CmP8ffI2HdESg

I've never come across them before but it says if you do your to report their whereabouts study
Back to top Go down
talkingbullhuss
Nearly as Bad as Notbad
Nearly as Bad as Notbad

Number of posts : 1499
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4221

PostSubject: Re: Slipper Limpets    Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:55 pm

There mainly down south owddd , but there has been sighting of them in the straits ... There suppose to be a good bait

Octopus Hunter

Number of posts : 652
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4017

PostSubject: Re: Slipper Limpets    Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Used to use them when I lived down south 30 years ago. Not seen them up here. Often found them on the beach around solent area after a good blow. Caught bass, wrasse, plaice and smoothies on them.

Hadn't heard about the ban. That will be hard to enforce. Pretty pointless down south in my opinion as there are already so many of them.

There is some debate online suggesting if you freeze them first it gets round ban as they are then dead. Not sure how well they would work as a bait after being frozen though.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slipper Limpets    

Back to top Go down

Slipper Limpets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Chat-
Jump to: