sunnyrhyl.com

Warning: Contains Nuts
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Live mackerel as bait

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Super Star
Super Star


Number of posts : 589
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1228
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Live mackerel as bait   Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 pm

mackerel don't seem to last long in a water bucket,is it best to bait them up straight away when they are caught?
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 3415
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7332
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Live mackerel as bait   Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:01 pm

I think you need a oxygen pump for your bucket mate Very Happy

_________________
Fishing magazine super star lol...................
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Super Star
Super Star


Number of posts : 589
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1228
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Live mackerel as bait   Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:41 pm

stevo wrote:
I think you need a oxygen pump for your bucket mate Very Happy

I've got a battery run pump,2 speeds on it.I'd forgotten I had it.I've got a couple of nice 25 ltr buckets as well.

Last time I used it was on the Medlock,yep,the Medlock near Clayton bridge.

Caught a few minnows on a small hook and dumped them in the bucket.

Put them on a 8's hook live under a bubble float,bang,bang,a 4lb chub,bang bang,a few 2lb to 3lb Trout.

I used it in Fowey a few years ago,very handy for the sandeels.
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 3415
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7332
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Live mackerel as bait   Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:35 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
stevo wrote:
I think you need a oxygen pump for your bucket mate Very Happy

I've got a battery run pump,2 speeds on it.I'd forgotten I had it.I've got a couple of nice 25 ltr buckets as well.

Last time I used it was on the Medlock,yep,the Medlock near Clayton bridge.

Caught a few minnows on a small hook and dumped them in the bucket.

Put them on a 8's hook live under a bubble float,bang,bang,a 4lb chub,bang bang,a few 2lb to 3lb Trout.

I used it in Fowey a few years ago,very handy for the sandeels.

It's a nice little stretch but I've never fished it Sad

_________________
Fishing magazine super star lol...................
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Super Star
Super Star


Number of posts : 589
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1228
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: Live mackerel as bait   Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:54 pm

I used to get down there with my brother pretty often,but I doubt I can get down to the bank these days with my dodgy foot.
I don't know if you know or not,but there is a pond (£6) if you turn right at the pub at the bottom of clayton bridge
about half a mile up,next to the river.I've fished it a couple of times,but it's overfished.
That's where I get access to the river.(no pike in it though)
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 3415
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7332
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Live mackerel as bait   Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:56 pm

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
I used to get down there with my brother pretty often,but I doubt I can get down to the bank these days with my dodgy foot.
I don't know if you know or not,but there is a pond (£6) if you turn right at the pub at the bottom of clayton bridge
about half a mile up,next to the river.I've fished it a couple of times,but it's overfished.
That's where I get access to the river.(no pike in it though)

Yeah I know of the pond but again never fished it.

_________________
Fishing magazine super star lol...................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Live mackerel as bait   

Back to top Go down
 
Live mackerel as bait
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: General Stuff :: Tackle Reviews And Questions, Ideas-
Jump to: