sunnyrhyl.com

Warning: Contains Nuts
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
VALVEBOUNCE
Super Star
Super Star


Number of posts : 589
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1228
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:06 am

simon parry wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Rhyl harbour you get 2 and a half hours either side of high water to get in and out. For launching on the slipway if you need they will do it for you with their tractor. I can't remember the cost but you can store your boat in the yard with launch and retrieve with their tractor included for a year. Think it's about £500 for that but don't quote me on it. Best speaking to Arthur the harbour master or mark his assistant

Thanks for the welcome simon,
I trailer my boat for each trip,I can maintain it better if I take it home each time.
The tractor sounds handy,I had a ride down and had a look at the slip a couple of weeks ago,the slope doesn't seem to steep.
If I launch and retrieve,is it possible to leave the trailer somewhere whilst I am out in it?
The boat is only light and the trailer is quite good,under normal cicumstances(without having wobbly legs)
I would attempt to launch and retrieve with a pal.
I don't have a 4x4,just a Golf eatate,but I thought maybe I could park up the slip and rope the boat in if I can't get traction on the slip.What do you think?
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Super Star
Super Star


Number of posts : 589
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1228
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:16 am

stevo wrote:
Seems like a decent price for the year cheers

Hi mate,I like to trailer the boat there and back each trip so I can maintain it at home.

I'm handy at fibreglassing and I do my own outboard repairs.

It's not a bad idea leaving it there if you are out on a regular basis,but with the weather etc and left standing
boats deteriorate in no time.
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 3415
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7332
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:20 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:
stevo wrote:
Seems like a decent price for the year cheers

Hi mate,I like to trailer the boat there and back each trip so I can maintain it at home.

I'm handy at fibreglassing and I do my own outboard repairs.

It's not a bad idea leaving it there if you are out on a regular basis,but with the weather etc and left standing
boats deteriorate  in no time.

Yeah it make's sense mate Very Happy

_________________
Fishing magazine super star lol...................
Back to top Go down
Logger
The Organ Grinder
avatar

Number of posts : 5934
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 10040
Location : Colwyn Bay/ Moffat

PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:34 am

VALVEBOUNCE wrote:


It's not a bad idea leaving it there if you are out on a regular basis,but with the weather etc and left standing
boats deteriorate  in no time.
Not a problem just let us know where you keep the keys..... Wink
Back to top Go down
simon parry
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 298
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3634
Location : Kinmel Bay

PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:24 pm

You'll have no problem with traction on that slip. I've taken my Astra van down there and tied my boat to it so it didn't drop back as the tide went out so I could get underneath it. My boat is an 8 metre catamaran that weighs near 6 ton. But speak to the harbour master about it all because he can tell you all your options. You have to pay to use the slip however you do it but I'm sure you can keep your car and trailer in the boatyard while you're out anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.fish-jensen.co.uk
VALVEBOUNCE
Super Star
Super Star


Number of posts : 589
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1228
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:08 pm

simon parry wrote:
You'll have no problem with traction on that slip. I've taken my Astra van down there and tied my boat to it so it didn't drop back as the tide went out so I could get underneath it. My boat is an 8 metre catamaran that weighs near 6 ton. But speak to the harbour master about it all because he can tell you all your options. You have to pay to use the slip however you do it but I'm sure you can keep your car and trailer in the boatyard while you're out anyway

Thanks Simon,that information is a bit of good news.
I expected to pay to use the slip,but that's part of the cost of the day.
I can see what your Cat looks like from the picture,so I'll say hello when I see you.

Thanks again for the info. "V"
Back to top Go down
longranger
Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1679
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4843
Location : cheshire

PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi mate and welcome to the forum, I get out of Prestatyn when I can and also live in winsford 2 mins from the slip so if you need a hand I'm sure we can sort something out, Prestatyn is a £25 day launch (tractor) tho, but some great fishing to be had from these grounds
Back to top Go down
VALVEBOUNCE
Super Star
Super Star


Number of posts : 589
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1228
Location : MANCHESTER

PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:55 pm

longranger wrote:
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, I get out of Prestatyn when I can and also live in winsford 2 mins from the slip so if you need a hand I'm sure we can sort something out, Prestatyn is a £25 day launch (tractor) tho, but some great fishing to be had from these grounds

Hello longranger,and thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for your offer,I'll get in touch about the slip in Winsford.My younger brother usually gives me a hand,
but he's not got a lot of experience.
I've been up and down the river in my 14ft Skipper dinghy and a 10ft rowing boat with a 6hp Evinriude on them.
I bought this boat without any engines or control box on it,and no auxiliary engine bracket.
I've put a new bracket on it,and have a 5hp yamaha as a spare engine.I've renovated an 18 hp Evinrude for the main engine,and fitted a new control box.

I've been out of Prestatyn on my mates boat,"Happy days"Had a couple of nice Bass.

Thanks for your interest,no doubt we will cross paths at some point.

"V"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY   

Back to top Go down
 
LAUNCHING AT RHYL SLIPWAY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Small Boats & Kayaks-
Jump to: