6 posters
AuthorMessage
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6028

First time out this year Shetland  Empty
PostSubject: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 11:27 pm

Friday morning came & Pete picked me up for the Shetland trip we arrived at Aberdeen some hours later 5pm ish straight on to the ferry & into the bar all promising not to slurp beer  too much (Yeah right) 1am saw us just having a last one drunken drunken drunken .Woke up at 6am feeling rough as heck pale  straight up to the eating house for a full Monty & a cuppa or two thinking oh no this is going to be a repeat of last years sickly voyage we stayed in a B&B in east yel this year so went straight to the boat boat  at cullivoe for another session with Kenny aboard Oberon.What a session it turned out to be first drop & three or four rods bent double then the others followed bounce Very Happy it continued like that all day long with just the odd big coalie coming in between the cod of twenty odd to thirty one pound biggest.By the time it was time to go back in we were all well & truly tortured backs arms & legs screaming no more (and Kenny wonders why I christened him Kenny the torturer)we arrived back at cullivoe harbour & it took us two hours to get them all filleted off in to boxes & iced then off to the b&b for a well earned & much needed shower.We were served a brilliant starter meal & pudding well be stopping there next year its excellent then off to the hill top pub the only one on the island for a drink with the local characters great friendly folk they are you just have to keep an eye on the time as its still broad daylight at one in the morning very easy to get beer  steamed again if you don't Rolling Eyes.Next day started off trying for mackerel & small coalies for bait for the ling then we went back to the cod till the tide was right for ling the fishing was manic non stop again until we went for ling then it slowed a bit but loads of mid twenties ling came up in the short window we had for them before we had to go back to hauling up big cod again plenty mid twenties again cth cth cth  Very Happy then all too soon it was time to head back for a good couple of hours filleting another three course nosh up pig pig pig & more of the beer Tuesday morning up for the full Monty haggis and all and off we went scalloway meats for grub of all descriptions to take back then ocean tackle store in lerwick to spend another fortune on things we didn't really need but must have Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes soon after we were in the Thule bar guzzling more of the dreaded beer beer beer then fish & chips in my case oriental stuff for everyone else & then more beer & back to the ferry where we wasted no time in getting up to the bar for even more beer beer arrived back in Aberdeen Tuesday morning & home by tea time where I started skinning & boning till 2am Wednesday & had to leave the rest on ice till dinner time when I started again & spent a few more hours at it Rolling Eyes boy was I glad when id done I need a nice steady trip to recover now or a holiday hopefully this link to photo bucket works because I just cant be bothered to put them all up separately Embarassed https://s929.photobucket.com/user/tatch1/slideshow/Shetland%2011th%20June%202016
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 11:36 pm

It Works cheers cheers cheers cheers thank god for that Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 11:58 pm

great report Tatch i might stay the pace on the fishing with a bit of help but no way could i keep up with the drinking well done lads looks like a great trip cth cth cth boat bye
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2855
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7828

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:16 am

Well done A1 report and pictures. I done think I could keep up with pace fishing or drinking. Trip of a life time. beer beer boat fishing cth fishing cth
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6091
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13615

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Like the pic of you holding your fish with two well bent rods in the background!

Is that a pic of a broken 30lb Uglystik ? affraid
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8044

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Looks like a great trip.

Good photos too.
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Notbad wrote:
Like the pic of you holding your  fish with two well bent rods in the background!

Is that a pic of a broken 30lb Uglystik ? affraid
It is Paul yes you'd never believe an ugly would have popped right where that has if you hadn't seen it.What a sickener it is when you're hold of the rod too the guy was most fed up ive seen & heard a few different rods go over the last year or two safer with a 50lb class up there & 100lb whiplash on your reel
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13874

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 10:01 pm

Great report Tatch cheers
Can't wait to get up there this September for my go Rock on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Great report mate, skipper looks a bit young but I guess he put you on the fish, well done mate
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 2:16 pm

longranger wrote:
Great report mate, skipper looks a bit young but I guess he put you on the fish, well done mate
Aye nine he is Andy took us out set the drift up no trouble at all nine year old with a pb cod of 11lb I never asked about ling & the rest great to see one so young learning that job

Last edited by tatch on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9908

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 5:58 pm

Wow super report and pictures mate well done cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time out this year Shetland    First time out this year Shetland  Empty

Back to top Go down

First time out this year Shetland
Page 1 of 1