Go down 
+3
Notbad
Kirky's Dad
stevo
7 posters
AuthorMessage

My Favourite Haunt ! Empty
PostSubject: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 10:21 am

Well after a She-ite week, which included me losing my job, I needed some fishing therapy. With Dad duties on Saturday, Sunday it would be and I fancied a trip to Holyhead Breaky for hunting some species. The weather forecast and also the fact that I would be Billy no mates for the day made me change my mind plugging for Llandudno Pier instead.

Got to the pier for about 9am hoping that I would be one of the first there to bag my favourite spot and being that it was heading for low water, unfortunately 6 other anglers had the same idea !

I put out the main rod loaded with peeler and decided to drop down with the shrimp rig.
The dogfish were on the crab bait within minutes and were also plaguing the other anglers no matter what baits were put out ! I ended up with 18 of the blighters throughout the day including this monster which I was positive was a huss when I saw it on the surface, but no it was a big fat doggie weighing in at 2lb 13oz   Shocked  My biggest ever doggie !

My Favourite Haunt ! Dog

My little spinning rod was kept busy all day and I was really impressed with it for £10 paired with a £10 spinning reel from Sports Direct, this 13oz pollock gave it a good workout !

My Favourite Haunt ! Pollock4

Myself and another chap tried feathers throughout the day but it seems there are only a few stragglers around, and we ended up with one each, mine was just at the foot of the pier as reeling in, and at 14oz was a decent sized fish and is going to be breakfast not bait !

My Favourite Haunt ! Mack4

Not just the dogs were loving the peelers, I ended up catching Dabs, whiting, codling and also a surprise 14oz Tub Gurnard, what a beautiful fish !

My Favourite Haunt ! Gurnard4

The rain was a pain throughout the day but it didn't ruin a great day fishing ending up with 8 species, Dogfish, Dab, Codling, Whiting, Pollock, Poor Cod, Tub Gurnard, Mackeral.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 11:56 am

great report and plenty of fish what more can you ask for well done fish fish fishing bye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Well done on the species mate
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9886

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Sorry to hear about you losing your job mate Sad

Well done on a super session and report mate
I think your 2nd in the species hunt now cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Very good report owddd . Sorry you lost your job Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:05 pm

did you talk to a plumber while putting your water proofs on by your car ?
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2851
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7802

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:19 pm

A very good report sorry to hear about the job. Sad cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6085
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13583

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Hope you find a job, the fishing is some compensation I suppose
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8022

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Great mixed bag there. I love fishing the Pier. Not been there for ages. Must sort that.

Good luck with the job hunt.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13852

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 7:57 am

Brilliant report and pictures cheers
Hope the work situation sorts it's self out Wink

What is it you do maybe someone on here can help Question Exclamation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 8:14 am

DOGGER wrote:

No mate, not me ! Was dry when I got there so didn't have them on till later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 am

Logger wrote:
Brilliant report and pictures cheers
Hope the work situation sorts it's self out Wink

What is it you do maybe someone on here can help Question Exclamation

Thanks Dave. I was a Practice Manager at a GP Surgery, but have worked in the NHS for nearly 20 years as an Accountant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 8:26 am

zippie01 wrote:
DOGGER wrote:

No mate, not me ! Was dry when I got there so didn't have them on till later.
i had a chat with two anglers one was leaving and the other had just come back to his car for waterproofs thats why i asked if it was you
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6006

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Nice report & photos well done cheers cheers cheers all the best on the job front
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Great report some nice fish there kept u bizy welldone mate fishing
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Fishing Addict
Rhod Lloyd

Number of posts : 617
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6433

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 10:02 am

In the good old days when they had an annual fishing comp on the pier, and a mayoral reception and prizegiving, I learnt that a catch of small pollock from around the piles often did well in overall weight against the odd bigger fish from far out.
I miss the easy access to piers that we used to have, thanks for the memmories
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Favourite Haunt !   My Favourite Haunt ! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Favourite Haunt !
Page 1 of 1