sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paved with flatties

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Paved with flatties Empty
PostSubject: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Managed to unclip the shackles get down to Splash Point for a few hours fishing.

On arrival it was just coming up from low to high tide. The sea was relatively calm and the wind was approx WSW and light. I was hoping and aiming for codling as I'd seen and heard of codling coming out of splash point over the recent weeks.

Tackled up with my trusty Shakespeare agility 12' 9" beach casters and abu 6500 multipliers, one with a 2hook clipped down paternoster with size 1/0 Aberdeen's and 5oz gripper, baited with frozen black lugworm. The other was fished as a pulley pennel rig with 3/0 Viking hooks baited with frozen blacks and squid cocktails.

Both were sent out to sea up to about 100yrds past the groin and we were finally fishing! (Been a fair few months!!)

I remained biteless initially, however just before slack water, my duck was broken and I landed a nice doubleshot of flounders.

As the tide pushed me off the lover level by the rock defences up onto main promenade as although I had waders and waterproofs on, I didn't fancy a paddle!

On the initial ebb, the dabs and flounders were coming at least 1 or 2 a cast every cast, even the large bait intended for a codling with 3/0's were being snaffles but they came adrift in the surf around the rocks.

I ended up with half a dozen which I thought was good sport in short session. Fished 11am-1:30pm and packed up just in time to watch the rain front come in.

No codling showed today, but there I still got a few frozen blacks left, so I might get another crack at the codling tomorrow, but if all I get is flatties, I shan't be in anyway disappointed!

I got to meet squidward on the beach when he came down to walk the dog, so I have managed to put at least one face to a name! Nice to meet you pal.

Just before I left, a few other lads set up and started pulling out flatties every chuck as well, so all in all, a good day out.
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2851
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7803

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Well done on a good report and no blank, Cod next time all being well.fishing:http://www.for:http://www.for
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9887

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Great read mate well done on not blanking cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:11 pm

Nice report mate and well done on missing the blank ice
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6085
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13584

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Still good sport down there by the sound of it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 7:09 pm

It was fishing really well mate, the tide was easily manageable, tips settled nicely in the tide and the bites were proper solid rattles. Weather was OK as well.

Hopefully the codling will be in on tomorrow's tide.

Annoyingly, I didn't have my species hunt card!! Goddammit!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Sounds like a busy little session mate,well done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13853

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Ironic isn't it Exclamation
I go for flatty's and get Codling Shocked
You go for Codling and get flatty's silent
That's fishing lol!
Well done Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:18 pm

well done on getting out and a few fish nice report fish fish fishing bye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Nice one owddd good bit of sport
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Good report mate well done fishing
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6007

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Great report unlucky on the cod front cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paved with flatties   Paved with flatties Empty

Back to top Go down

Paved with flatties
Page 1 of 1