sunnyrhyl.com

Warning: May Contain Nuts
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Man Flu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
headwyn
Wolf Fish Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 1927
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5574
Location : Sunny Rhyl

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:51 am

Your lucky you didnt get mistaken for the rear end of a bear!
Back to top Go down
Logger
The Organ Grinder
avatar

Number of posts : 5889
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9961
Location : Colwyn Bay/ Moffat

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:46 am

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Well done, mre homework. At least it took your mind off dying slowly!
Do these whiting get any bigger than sardines, and if so where are they?
Stevo caught it cheers
Back to top Go down
Online
ouchthathurt
Pollock Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 120
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1154
Location : Ffrith

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:44 am

I may well have to give limpets a go again, after all, it is what the fish are feeding on after a storm, smashed shellfish etc.

Might try shelling them, a bit of light salting and pilchard oil and leave overnight.

It's all about confidence I suppose. Because I've read/been told that common limpets make poor baits, even when I do use them, I don't feel like I'm fishing effectively so I'm beating my self before I've even started!

Most sea fish have a scavenging nature, pout, whiting, dabs, codling etc all pick up a wide variety of foodstuffs and baits. I'm sure (and as you have proven) they will eat limpets when they find them.

_________________
RAMC - Royal Army Medical Corps - steadfast in adversity
Back to top Go down
Paul wol
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 281
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1374
Location : Winsford

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Great report mate well done on the fish fishing
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 3389
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7278
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Logger wrote:
Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Well done, mre homework. At least it took your mind off dying slowly!
Do these whiting get any bigger than sardines, and if so where are they?
Stevo caught it cheers

And here it is again for those of you that missed it lol!

Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Giant Squid Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 257
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3615
Location : Bottom of the world, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Now that's a worthwhile fish, why don't you all catch them that size?
Back to top Go down
Online
longranger
Legend
avatar

Number of posts : 1679
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4823
Location : cheshire

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:14 pm

Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Now that's a worthwhile fish, why don't you all catch them that size?

Stevo is special Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
The Organ Grinder
avatar

Number of posts : 5889
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9961
Location : Colwyn Bay/ Moffat

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Oh he's special alright lol!
Back to top Go down
Online
Logger
The Organ Grinder
avatar

Number of posts : 5889
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9961
Location : Colwyn Bay/ Moffat

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:25 pm

ouchthathurt wrote:
I may well have to give limpets a go again, after all, it is what the fish are feeding on after a storm, smashed shellfish etc.

Might try shelling them, a bit of light salting and pilchard oil and leave overnight.

It's all about confidence I suppose. Because I've read/been told that common limpets make poor baits, even when I do use them, I don't feel like I'm fishing effectively so I'm beating my self before I've even started!

Most sea fish have a scavenging nature, pout, whiting, dabs, codling etc all pick up a wide variety of foodstuffs and baits. I'm sure (and as you have proven) they will eat limpets when they find them.
To be honest I think the Whiting would have gone for a shiny hook on Saturday the way they were going at it lol!
Back to top Go down
Online
ouchthathurt
Pollock Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 120
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1154
Location : Ffrith

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Of course, what you meant to say was "it was my extraordinary skill at shore fishing that resulted in such a fine catch..."

Lol!!

_________________
RAMC - Royal Army Medical Corps - steadfast in adversity
Back to top Go down
Logger
The Organ Grinder
avatar

Number of posts : 5889
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9961
Location : Colwyn Bay/ Moffat

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:36 pm

I'd say yes but everyone on here knows the truth lol!
Back to top Go down
Online
ouchthathurt
Pollock Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 120
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1154
Location : Ffrith

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Lol!! That's a shame logger. I suppose that's the price of fame...lol!

Anyway, that mahoosive whiting looks photoshopped... And no, I'm not at all jealous... This green tinge?? No it's not envy, its my foundation...lol!

Cracking fish that. Well done stevo.

_________________
RAMC - Royal Army Medical Corps - steadfast in adversity
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 3389
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7278
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:08 pm

longranger wrote:
Rhod Lloyd wrote:
Now that's a worthwhile fish, why don't you all catch them that size?

Stevo is special Very Happy

That's true lol! lol! (i'll pay you later andy) rolling laugh rolling laugh
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 3389
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7278
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:09 pm

ouchthathurt wrote:


Anyway, that mahoosive whiting looks photoshopped... And no, I'm not at all jealous... This green tinge?? No it's not envy, its my foundation...lol!

Cracking fish that. Well done stevo.

Do you have pink nail varnish by any chance lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ouchthathurt
Pollock Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 120
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1154
Location : Ffrith

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:24 am

How  could you possibly know that??

It's not pink, its fucia...

lol!

_________________
RAMC - Royal Army Medical Corps - steadfast in adversity
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner
avatar

Number of posts : 3389
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7278
Location : manchester

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:34 pm

ouchthathurt wrote:
How  could you possibly know that??

It's not pink, its fucia...

lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
tatch
Skate Hunter
avatar

Number of posts : 860
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3482
Location : holmfirth west yorkshire

PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:25 pm

Blimey fish galore I think you've taken up fishing with a magic wand well done cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Man Flu   

Back to top Go down
 
Man Flu
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: