sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2015 WBAC Mersey cod open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

2015 WBAC Mersey cod open Empty
PostSubject: 2015 WBAC Mersey cod open   2015 WBAC Mersey cod open EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi all, has anyone had any experience of this event in the past,I know it's the 6th December this year and was after some advice or honest comments about the way it is run ect or just how you did or best catch
Thanks Andy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13881

PostSubject: Re: 2015 WBAC Mersey cod open   2015 WBAC Mersey cod open EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Myself and a mate entered a few years ago and got totally thrashed but enjoyed the experience.

We had no knowledge of the river but went along for the fun of it. We caught loads of Whiting and one Codling I seem to remember, the local boys all knew where to go and how to fish it and caught quite literally bucket loads of Cod, the boat that won had 50+ fish Exclamation

Most fished along the side of the scrap yard place if you know where I mean but as I said it was about 6 or 7 years ago so it's probably changed in that time.

It was a good day out though Cool

Local knowledge is definitely the key cth
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8051

PostSubject: Re: 2015 WBAC Mersey cod open   2015 WBAC Mersey cod open EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Ive fished it with Dan and Adam. Most of the club lads fish it.

Ive seen that its self launch this year, but they launched us by tractor when we fished. Book in at the sailing club then head down to launch near Perch Rock. Loads of room at the top of the beach for trailers.

Watch out for the out of bounds areas. They do have boats on the water, checking up. They came over and told us we were out of bounds but were fine about it and we just moved and carried on.

As i remember, you pick when to launch between the set times and then are given your return time. You can pick whether to fish more of the flood or ebb depending on the tides on the day.

Im sure some of the boat section lads can give you more specific info and marks.

Good luck boys!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2015 WBAC Mersey cod open   2015 WBAC Mersey cod open EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Thanks,I'm not bothered about the comp really just never done the Mersey from a small boat so I'm thinking safety in numbers and the launch as I don't have a permit for here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2015 WBAC Mersey cod open   2015 WBAC Mersey cod open EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Does anyone know if this has been moved to Sunday the 6th March 2016???
thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 WBAC Mersey cod open   2015 WBAC Mersey cod open Empty

Back to top Go down

2015 WBAC Mersey cod open
Page 1 of 1