sunnyrhyl.com

Warning: May Contain Nuts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
squidward
Skate Hunter

Number of posts : 806
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4450

PostSubject: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm

42 anglers fished last night, flat calm and clear water didn`t look too promising at the start, so I tried Hokkais baited with mackie strip, that worked okay with 3 mackerel in 2 casts, pity they don`t count.
The first hour was dire, little whiting and crabs stripping the hooks as soon as they hit the bottom. As it got dark there were a few dogs coming out where I was and one or two better whiting.  Down behind the houses they got into the dogs quite soon, with the 3 top bags coming from there, Karl Nangle from Grimsby took first place with 21 dogs for 30-00-10 lbs.
James Fraser from Holyhead was 2nd with 17 for 23-11-12, and Mark Taylor from Grimsby
was 3rd with 13 for 19-06-00.
Heaviest round fish was a small huss of 3-09-12 for another Mark Taylor, and the flatfish prize had to be drawn for as none were weighed in.
My fresh mackerel didn`t do me much good, all I managed was 2 dogs and a 34 cm. whiting. I had a little tub gurnard for the hunt, but it was a centimetre too small, and the dogs kept spitting the mackerel out halfway in, the mini whiting loved it though, double and treble shots nearly every cast Mad
There were 2 ladies and 3 juniors taking part, ladies winner was C Aylett with a dog of 1-01-00, and the junior winner was C Marshall ( ? Callum ) with a dog of 1-05-00, unfortunately he had gone home before the prize giving, so if he reads this, or if anyone knows him, we`re holding the prize money for him.
Norman and I walked the beach after the weigh in and found just 2 dead dogs, everyone had managed to keep their fish alive, even the top bags, I know this to my cost, as they were wrapping themselves round my wrists as we were weighing them.
Back to top Go down
Logger
The Organ Grinder

Number of posts : 5889
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9961

PostSubject: Re: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Thanks for the report Terry Cool
A Whiting of 34cm isn't to be sniffed at Very Happy pity it didn't win you a prize though Sad
Well done all cheers
Back to top Go down
Billybass
Cod Hunter

Number of posts : 222
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1219

PostSubject: Re: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:47 pm

good read Mate thanks
Back to top Go down
longranger
Legend

Number of posts : 1679
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4823

PostSubject: Re: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Nice report Terry and well done to all that fished Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 256
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 2626

PostSubject: Re: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Nice one mate,can't believe some clubs still
Weigh bags of fish in.......it's like something fronm
The dark ages-so many different methods to use!!
Back to top Go down
crabman
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 242
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3318

PostSubject: Re: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:50 am

well done all a good read Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner

Number of posts : 3389
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7278

PostSubject: Re: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Nice one Terry cracking read well done everyone that fished cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul wol
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 281
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1374

PostSubject: Re: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Good report and pics mate weldone to all that fished fishing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night   

Back to top Go down

C.B.V.S.A.C. Victoria open last night
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: