sunnyrhyl.com

Warning: May Contain Nuts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Moody night !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
talkingbullhuss
Nearly as Bad as Notbad
Nearly as Bad as Notbad

Number of posts : 1499
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4195

PostSubject: Moody night !!   Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Decided go penmeanmawr last night instead of dinas because the bad weather and can shelter there , but was also going go llanfairfecan ,but driving up 55 at 8pm I hit a massive thunder storm ,and the rain was coming down in buckets ,witch made driving horrendous and was limited to forty mile an hour ,at one stage I was going get of and turn round and go home ! It poured down right untill I got to penmeanmawr . It stopped in time to let worms cast and me and Alan soon pumped enough before heavens opened again at low ...so back to the cars and set up one rod with my abu 6500 and braid .plain lead ,with a two hook flapper and size ones and varivas size two semi circle hooks for my pennels these hooks are the dogs ...the rain stopped and we made are way down to a very moody sky line with flashies of lightning ,lightning up a very dark night , there was a bit of life in the sea and it looked very moody and just like the bass !..the tide hat started and hopes where high as fresh blow lug where sent out , soon had little rattles witch must have been pins . Half hour into the flood I had a very good rattle and good fish on but a good bend in my rod as a felt the tell tale head shakes of a decent bass ,then it swam towards me at a good speed ,I  caught up with it , and then it did it again..then that horrible feeling as it was gone and it did feel like a lump !! Now how geddo must have felt at kinmel the other week .. And that was that no other action ,sorry no pics as it was very dark .good to see you again Alan as always .. In two weeks time Stephanie going away for a weekend so going have a full weekend fishing and kip in the car not done this since last year and looking forward to it . Sorry not much action in this report but I think it's important   To go to the trouble if we do blank ..untill next time .....

The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4540
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9162

PostSubject: Re: Moody night !!   Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Maybe no fish landed but I enjoyed imagining that good rattle!
Back to top Go down
Logger
The Organ Grinder

Number of posts : 5888
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9958

PostSubject: Re: Moody night !!   Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Great report Tim Very Happy I could feel the adrenaline cheers
Well done on braving the weather What a Face

I wonder if you could have retrieved faster with a fixed spool rather than a multiplier where a guiding thumb is needed Question

At least you gave it a go despite all the odds being against you what with the small tide and lack of surf not to mention the terrible weather Exclamation
Good on you lads fishing
Back to top Go down
longranger
Legend

Number of posts : 1679
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4821

PostSubject: Re: Moody night !!   Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Unlucky on the blank lads but well done for getting out
Back to top Go down
hot shot alan
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1388
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3646

PostSubject: Re: Moody night !!   Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:02 pm

you just about summed up the night but at leased you had the one that got away to think about on the way home. i just had another blank to add to my tally  affraid  and a few more tips on how to pump blow lug  scratch very helpful  cheers    thanks tim and we did have plenty of time to chat Very Happy bye

tatch
Skate Hunter

Number of posts : 860
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3480

PostSubject: Re: Moody night !!   Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:05 am

Great report Tim cheers blank or not unlucky on the fish front the pair of you better luck next time fishing
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict

Number of posts : 2155
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4750

PostSubject: Re: Moody night !!   Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 am

Well done on a good report Tim and well done the pair of you for even trying on a night like that shame you both blanked.cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moody night !!   

Back to top Go down

Moody night !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: