sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newbiggin by the sea pt1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Empty
PostSubject: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:16 pm

I've been making the most of an extended break off work  sunny . So when my wife(Tracey) booked us a few days away in Northumberland I thought it would've been rude of me not to take my rods. The caravan was booked at 11.30 Friday night and we were packed(me, Tracey, mother in law, 2 daughters & 2 dog) and on the road by 4pm on Saturday. The site was called Sandy Bay a few mins drive from Newbiggin by the sea and very conveniently next to the beach Very Happy. The first couple of days were taken up with a bit of site seeing so by Wednesday I was itching to get on the beach. I'd picked up some bait from a shop further up the coast in Amble, rag, mac, squid & frozen lug. I decided to fish 1 1/2hrs either side of high tide at 7 pm. There was quite a good surf and I'd been told in the tackle shop that it's a good beach for bass and flounder.
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7511

Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7512

Not the easiest venue I've fished from
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7513

My 1st fish a nice flounder
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7514

A couple more
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7515
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7516

Only a few minutes from the site
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7517
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7518

I had a great few hours and finished up with 10 flounder mostly caught on frozen lug Very Happy
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7519
Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Dscn7521
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Nice place Ross looks like you had a great time ,plenty flounder keep you busy , pity you didn't have any fresh lug because the sea looked really good for a bass our two Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:45 pm

Some cracking photos mate and looks like the ideal place for the family angler Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 12:06 am

well done on the flounders great report and nice set of pics hope the rest of the holiday go's well for you and the family ross fish fish fishing bye
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 12:29 am

Some nice fish there Ross but I hope you threw the one in the 8th picture back in, it doesn't look quite right to me lol!
I might be after some tips for the North East in a few months as it looks like I might be wintering up there study ice
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6056

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:21 am

Great report & photos cheers cheers cheers shame it wasn't a few weeks later that's serious cod land you're fishing there
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 2:26 am

Special times, thanks for the report!
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9936

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Great report and pic's ross well done on the flounder's cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2866
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7867

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Good report Ross well done on the catch some nice pictures.cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Logger wrote:
Some nice fish there Ross but I hope you threw the one in the 8th picture back in, it doesn't look quite right to me lol!
I might be after some tips for the North East in a few months as it looks like I might be wintering up there study ice

Have you got any idea where you're heading for ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:00 pm

tatch wrote:
Great report & photos  cheers cheers cheers  shame it wasn't a few weeks later that's serious cod land you're fishing there

I had a chat with a couple of blokes fishing in the bay at Newbiggin and they are STILL catching codling in August Question
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 8:33 pm

kirky wrote:
Logger wrote:

Have you got any idea where you're heading for ?
No idea mate Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbiggin by the sea pt1   Newbiggin by the sea pt1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbiggin by the sea pt1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: