7 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13634

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway Empty
PostSubject: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Having had ice packs strapped to my wrist all week I wasn't sure that going fishing was wise but life's too short and Logger easily twisted my arm ( ouch!)

Just over half an hour after falling out of bed  and I was on the beach for 6.40 with the tide still ebbing,  I only had frozen worm with me and it was a bit mushy; didn't want to be carrying much so I'd not brought my pump.
Dave must have had a lie in for once and sauntered along in due course and good news - he had his bait pump with him
Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 585470652cd219e933327b922851938d_zpsa89kmjpf

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway Fc0cb520dee5a66a424d16731c74e156_zpsbm6haqsr

Also unusually late on duty was Mehmet, but he didn't waste much time showing us how to catch whilst topping up the fresh worm supplies
Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway F8e4e152a7d52a75c04e0ae1781745b7_zpsaiqky702

Fairziff took the scenic route but joined us after a meander towards the wrong huddle!
Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 8c58087134374cda409fff55a89565a0_zps96dpsu31
Landing a couple including a small Plaice

Logger chalked up a couple of flatties
Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 64f1478b8823ad96b87d662094dda9a3_zpsmupbpiii

Getting on for 4 hours in and I was in danger of blanking so with the flood tide making the walk back to my car shorter and shorter I left Mehmet watching my rod whilst I popped back to it for a second rod and whilst I was away Logger thought he'd get me at it!
Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 57d89acc95fc2035997a89a67fdad4a8_zpsykmjsalk

And not long after I had with a Flounder!
Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway A440a43b80761b82fbb240d8c5139a7a_zpsvvirdlqq

Mid flood Fairziff and Dave took their leave but Mehmet and I fished on to High and beyond

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway E2e2c657d65544724ad795f35538603c_zpswrqy8gc2

We hadn't seen a fish for ages but eventually the bass rod proved worth setting up, I'd dropped it in very short and after what felt like the first time in forever  a good rattle announced I had a Dab on,
even if Mehmet did let it go before I got the camera out!

Not many fish for my seven and a half hours out there but I enjoyed the fresh air and lost count of the number of visits from the lads who fish around Sunny Rhyl which in itself made it a worthwhile day.

And my arm never bothered me anyway.

Now where's my ice pack?

Dave will no doubt show us his nice pics from today later

Last edited by Notbad on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Good read mate well done. Nice fish too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Nice one lads cheers
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8056

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Nice to see you today cheers

Have you forgotten about the little Flounder you were unhooking when i spoke to you Question
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7846

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Well done Notbad I bet it was nice to get out and with little or no pain, but take it easy because if you aggravate it you wil have to start all over again with the ice. Good set of pictures.cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:15 pm

headwyn wrote:
Nice to see you today cheers

Have you forgotten about the little Flounder you were unhooking when i spoke to you Question

Shows how tired I was getting by then I was thinking it was a "Dab" that Mehmet let go for me!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Well done Notbad I bet it was nice to get out and with little or no pain, but take it easy because if you aggravate it you wil have to start all over again with the ice. Good set of pictures.cheers

Quite right! I'm applying cold beer at the moment- much more fun! beer
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Notbad wrote:
Kirky's Dad wrote:

Quite right! I'm applying cold beer at the moment- much more fun! beer
lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 11:28 pm

well done paul looks like you all had a good few hours with no blanks fish fish fishing bye
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9920

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 1:15 am

Cracking report paul well done chaps Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6040

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 1:50 am

Great report & pics well done all cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:48 am

Great report well done mate always a good read fishing
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7213

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 10:27 am

Good to see you Paul, I fished 4 hours over low last night, about a dozen rods out, and the only fish were a few little dabs, Mehmet and Phil were just coming out to fish up the flood when I packed up about 10-30
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13886

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 1:47 pm

I got on the beach about 07.15 to find Paul already set up and trying his best for an early head start on me fishing

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 20150644

It was extremely damp and my water proof trousers let me down a bit as all the water that ran down off my back soaked my legs  Sad

The fishing wasn't the best but we had a laugh and it was a very enjoyable way to spend a morning  Very Happy

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 20150637

There was plenty of worm about for fresh bait

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 20150638

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 20150639

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 20150640

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 20150641

Mikes Plaice

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 20150643

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway 20150642

Thanks for the company guys Very Happy bye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Great reports lads well done,looked like a great day out
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Nice pictures Dave by the way your not supposed to tuck your jacket in your trousers, no wonder your getting wet legs.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13886

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Nice pictures Dave by the way your not supposed to tuck your jacket in your trousers, no wonder your getting wet legs.Very Happy
DOH lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway Empty

Back to top Go down

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway
Page 1 of 1