sunnyrhyl.com

Warning: May Contain Nuts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Notbad
The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4540
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9162

PostSubject: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Having had ice packs strapped to my wrist all week I wasn't sure that going fishing was wise but life's too short and Logger easily twisted my arm ( ouch!)

Just over half an hour after falling out of bed  and I was on the beach for 6.40 with the tide still ebbing,  I only had frozen worm with me and it was a bit mushy; didn't want to be carrying much so I'd not brought my pump.
Dave must have had a lie in for once and sauntered along in due course and good news - he had his bait pump with him

Also unusually late on duty was Mehmet, but he didn't waste much time showing us how to catch whilst topping up the fresh worm supplies

Fairziff took the scenic route but joined us after a meander towards the wrong huddle!

Landing a couple including a small Plaice

Logger chalked up a couple of flatties

Getting on for 4 hours in and I was in danger of blanking so with the flood tide making the walk back to my car shorter and shorter I left Mehmet watching my rod whilst I popped back to it for a second rod and whilst I was away Logger thought he'd get me at it!

And not long after I had with a Flounder!

Mid flood Fairziff and Dave took their leave but Mehmet and I fished on to High and beyond

We hadn't seen a fish for ages but eventually the bass rod proved worth setting up, I'd dropped it in very short and after what felt like the first time in forever  a good rattle announced I had a Dab on,
even if Mehmet did let it go before I got the camera out!

Not many fish for my seven and a half hours out there but I enjoyed the fresh air and lost count of the number of visits from the lads who fish around Sunny Rhyl which in itself made it a worthwhile day.

And my arm never bothered me anyway.

Now where's my ice pack?

Dave will no doubt show us his nice pics from today later

Last edited by Notbad on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Billybass
Cod Hunter

Number of posts : 222
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1217

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Good read mate well done. Nice fish too
Back to top Go down
talkingbullhuss
Nearly as Bad as Notbad
Nearly as Bad as Notbad

Number of posts : 1499
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4195

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Nice one lads cheers

Wolf Fish Hunter

Number of posts : 1926
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5571

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Nice to see you today cheers

Have you forgotten about the little Flounder you were unhooking when i spoke to you Question
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict

Number of posts : 2155
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4750

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Well done Notbad I bet it was nice to get out and with little or no pain, but take it easy because if you aggravate it you wil have to start all over again with the ice. Good set of pictures.cheers
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:15 pm

headwyn wrote:
Nice to see you today cheers

Have you forgotten about the little Flounder you were unhooking when i spoke to you Question

Shows how tired I was getting by then I was thinking it was a "Dab" that Mehmet let go for me!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Well done Notbad I bet it was nice to get out and with little or no pain, but take it easy because if you aggravate it you wil have to start all over again with the ice. Good set of pictures.cheers

Quite right! I'm applying cold beer at the moment- much more fun! beer
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Notbad wrote:
Kirky's Dad wrote:

Quite right! I'm applying cold beer at the moment- much more fun! beer
lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
hot shot alan
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1388
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3646

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:28 pm

well done paul looks like you all had a good few hours with no blanks fish fish fishing bye
Back to top Go down
stevo
Fish of the Month Winner
Fish of the Month Winner

Number of posts : 3389
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7276

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:15 am

Cracking report paul well done chaps Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tatch
Skate Hunter

Number of posts : 860
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3480

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:50 am

Great report & pics well done all cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul wol
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 281
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 1372

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:48 am

Great report well done mate always a good read fishing
Back to top Go down
squidward
Skate Hunter

Number of posts : 806
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4448

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:27 am

Good to see you Paul, I fished 4 hours over low last night, about a dozen rods out, and the only fish were a few little dabs, Mehmet and Phil were just coming out to fish up the flood when I packed up about 10-30
Back to top Go down
Logger
The Organ Grinder

Number of posts : 5888
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9958

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:47 pm

I got on the beach about 07.15 to find Paul already set up and trying his best for an early head start on me fishing

It was extremely damp and my water proof trousers let me down a bit as all the water that ran down off my back soaked my legs  Sad

The fishing wasn't the best but we had a laugh and it was a very enjoyable way to spend a morning  Very Happy

There was plenty of worm about for fresh bait

Mikes Plaice

Thanks for the company guys Very Happy bye
Back to top Go down
longranger
Legend

Number of posts : 1679
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4821

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:40 pm

Great reports lads well done,looked like a great day out
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Nice pictures Dave by the way your not supposed to tuck your jacket in your trousers, no wonder your getting wet legs.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
The Organ Grinder

Number of posts : 5888
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9958

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Kirky's Dad wrote:
Nice pictures Dave by the way your not supposed to tuck your jacket in your trousers, no wonder your getting wet legs.Very Happy
DOH lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway   

Back to top Go down

Frozen, let it go and it never bothered me anyway
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: