3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6085
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13584

Powder Coated Leads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coated Leads   Powder Coated Leads EmptyFri May 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Thanks for an interesting question for openers

Can't say I've tried it myself but I believe some do like a bright colored lead wound back in a few turns now and again to kick up the sand and attract flatties

What I have done is the opposite, I've painted some of the light leads I use for Bass off the boat sand colored to camouflage them!

Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13853

PostSubject: Re: Powder Coated Leads   Powder Coated Leads EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:04 am

Welcome to the forum cheers

Like wise we appreciate all your comments and reports from wherever you may fish we enjoy them all and appreciate your input Very Happy

When I use beads for the flatty's it'll depend entirely on the water conditions, if it's clear I like to use black and green but if it's coloured then I'll use the illuminous ones or red and yellow.

I used to use 15+ beads on a rig but now I only use 5 or 6 which seems to work just as well.
As for a shiny lead I really couldn't say as I've never tried it Exclamation

Thanks for a great question Cool
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6646

PostSubject: Re: Powder Coated Leads   Powder Coated Leads EmptySun May 24, 2015 10:50 pm

The color coating leads i used them a few times for fishing close in gullies as you can track them better in flight affraid and helped to know my lead wasn't over shooting onto  the sand banks,  also they were a great help in the torchlight at night to see your lead coming back on the beach What a Face  as for attracting fish or scaring fish never noticed any difference but only used them a few times would be a great idea for someone who made his own weights like talkinghuss  to use different colors to match sizes easy to find the right lead size at night and it definitely protect leads when bragging leads over the stones at pensarn so good post very helpfull Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powder Coated Leads   Powder Coated Leads Empty

Back to top Go down

Powder Coated Leads
Page 1 of 1