8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2851
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7802

It's a lot of Pollocks Empty
PostSubject: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Kirky, Myself and the family went for a weeks holiday to West Bexington in Dorset. We arrived on Friday 10th April with the intentions of doing a bit of fishing, we had already booked a 6hr boat trip for the Saturday starting at 9am.
All settled in when we get a phone call to say the boat trip was off due to bad waether. That was my birthday present up the shoot. Plan "B" put into operation go to West Bay Tackle Saturday morning get some bait back home have some lunch and down to West Bexington beach early afternoon. Got there mid afternoon and fished through into dark but were we glad we were not out on a boat the wind nearly blew us of the beach.
It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150411_184449959_HDR_1

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150411_184506533_HDR_1

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150411_184708970
After 6 hrs fishing we had one Whiting to me. Crying or Very sad

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150411_212917964
Kirky trying to take a selfy not good me thinks. Embarassed

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150413_121543386
On Sunday off doing some shopping and car booting, booked another 6hr boat trip on Dawn Mist from West Bay Harbour at 9am on Wedneday. Called in at the tackle shop for some more bait for another go tomorrow.

Monday got to the West Bexington beach mid morning a lovely sunny warm day, sea was calm wind had gone hopes were high. Fished for 6hrs into late afternoon.
It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150413_120414054

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150414_160312983
One Flounder to Kirky this time one apiece. Now this beach is part of Chesil Beach and one of the best fishing beaches in the country and in 12hrs fishing we have had two fish so not to good so far. Crying or Very sad

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150413_125809874_HDR

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150413_125800397_HDR

Tuesday thought we would give it another try after all it was only 300 yards from where we were staying to get to West Bexington beach. Off down to the beach with hope in our heart knowing that luck if nothing else would be on our side. We even took the Grand Daughter along to watch the rod tips. The sun was out it was warm and calm.
It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150414_142038004

Then the mist came in thick and cold.
It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150413_140221958
And guess what even lady luck deserted us, in 6 hrs fishing not one fish between use not even a bite. "B all." Two fish in 18hrs fishing. Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad but we had the boat trip tomorrow.

Wednesday. Up at 7am, drove the short distance to West Bay round to West Bay Tackle to buy some bait, then round to the harbour to meet up with 6 others and board Dawn Mist. Left the harbour at 9am.
A view looking back at West Bay in shadow as we left the harbour.
It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150415_090213862

Got to the spot where we dropped anchor then down the bait went and in came the Pouting 10 for me and 5 for Kirky good size they were.
It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150415_102013143

And two Pollock one for Kirky at about 6 lbs not photographed or weighed, all that got forgotten in the excitement. Then it was my turn and "Oh Boy" a PB at 9lbs 5ozs.
It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150415_111353291

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150415_140550925_HDR
It didn't get better than that for the rest of the day we anchored up again a couple of times and I had a Dog Fish another chap had a Ray but everything else was second best. Came back at 3pm with big smiles on our faces. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_20150415_144538251_1

A view of West Bay on the way back into the harbour with the sun on it.
It made up of the three disappointing sessions of the beach.
It was a great birthday present spent with my best mate. Thanks Ross and lets hope it will be just as good on the 1st of August.

It's a lot of Pollocks IMG_6279_1

This was also a PB of 3lbs 5ozs caught last September at West Bexington beach.
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8022

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Great report and photos, sounds like a good trip!

The bad news is that the first fish picture is not a Whiting.Crying or Very sad

The good news is its a Poor Cod! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:45 pm

headwyn wrote:
Great report and photos, sounds like a good trip!

The bad news is that the first fish picture is not a Whiting.Crying or Very sad

The good news is its a Poor Cod! cheers

It was Dark!
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6085
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13583

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:10 pm

It might well be a Poor Cod but it's a bloody good Pollock,

Nice one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:58 pm

well done on a very good report and pics cheers  and a pollock to be proud  of  Very Happy .  it must have made the holiday for you fish fish fishing bye
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13852

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Brilliant report Jim and great photos too cheers
Well worth the wait Cool

Who were the two dodgy looking geezers in the glasses Question rolling laugh

Did anyone wonder or ask about the Sunnyrhyl card Question
(Don't forget to enter the pics into the species's hunt section Wink )
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Logger wrote:
Well worth the wait Cool

Do I put it in as a Poor Cod or a Whiting? I didn't see the whisker when I caught. But if you all say it a PC I will bow to your superior knowledge. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9886

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Wow a great set of report's jimbo some cracking pic's and even better fish well done cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13852

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Poor Cod Jim as you'll always get another Whiting lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Cracking report boys ,and well done on the PB pollock cheers
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Logger wrote:
Poor Cod Jim as you'll always get another Whiting lol!

That's true good idea. cheers
Back to top Go down
squidward
Tope Hunter
squidward

Number of posts : 1096
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7179

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:46 pm

Well done Jim, never thought I`d see ` The blues brothers do Mr Crabtree `

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Logger wrote:
Well worth the wait Cool

Yes it was talked about when we took the pictures of the Pouting. Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Great report /pics well done on the p.b mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Great report and pics mate,oh how I miss it down there,worked at the only factory in west bay on the left just before the tackle shop that's on the right,took us a good while to get use to that beach,we use to work with a guy who fished for total sea fishing (Dave) there's lots of photos of him in that shop and he said you need to cast at least 120 yds with bait and gripper and don't tighten up just let it find its own grip that's how you catch fish at chesil,crab baits for smutts,mackerel fillet for bass and black lug tipped with rag for sole but a lot depended on tide and weather he use to say don't bother this week lads or only Wednesday this week or things like Tuesday night between 5:30 and 7:30 and he was right 9/10 of the time,hard work that beach but on its day one of the best
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:15 pm

longranger wrote:
Great report and pics mate,oh how I miss it down there,worked at the only factory in west bay on the left just before the tackle shop that's on the right,took us a good while to get use to that beach,we use to work with a guy who fished for total sea fishing (Dave) there's lots of photos of him in that shop and he said you need to cast at least 120 yds with bait and gripper and don't tighten up just let it find its own grip that's how you catch fish at chesil,crab baits for smutts,mackerel fillet for bass and black lug tipped with rag for sole but a lot depended on tide and weather he use to say don't bother this week lads or only Wednesday this week or things like Tuesday night between 5:30 and 7:30 and he was right 9/10 of the time,hard work that beach but on its day one of the best
I am going down there again in September for two week  and am really looking forward to it the beaches and fishing are just A1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 1:13 am

Kirky's Dad wrote:
longranger wrote:
I am going down there again in September for two week  and am really looking forward to it the beaches and fishing are just A1.
Good luck mate I love it down there,I can still here the sound of them stones under my feet as I walk along that beach Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6006

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:55 am

Cracking report & photos i bet you knew you had that Pollack on the end well done folks cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6645

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 am

Nice fish good to see you all enjoyed the holiday Cool your smiles with the fish say it better than words good pics and report Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a lot of Pollocks   It's a lot of Pollocks Empty

Back to top Go down

It's a lot of Pollocks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Shore Reports-
Jump to: