sunnyrhyl.com

Warning May Contain Nuts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Notbad
The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4488
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9069

PostSubject: Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:05 pm

A quick recap

http://sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com/t5969-project-notbad-1-update-16-of-building-a-boat-in-the-lounge

http://sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com/t5976-project-notbad-1-update-17-of-building-a-boat-in-the-lounge

Project Notbad 1. Update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge

The intention was to build a model of my real boat over last Winter but as the days got longer I had better things to do but with the onset of Autumn I've finally picked up where I left off ( wonder what the chances of finishing it before the clocks go forward are! )

I'd done the forward gunwale

Today I made a template for the rear gunwale from grease proof paper and transferred this to card saved from shirt packaging then once it was right cut the pieces out of cheapo chopping boards.

There aren't any written plans for this and only just in time before glueing them on I realised I needed to fit the spindles for the steering cables first,  the real Notbad 1 still has old school cable steering but if I upgrade to teleflex it won't be difficult to alter the model.

I'm using pike wire trace to replicate the steering cables, just one of the many bits and pieces I've acquired ready for when I need them, no kidding it feels like a bigger project than the real boat's refurb.

Minor setback today though, not sure what happened but I ran the model's outboard and the prop shattered -

I can see Postie will be delivering yet another Ebay purchase soon!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict

Number of posts : 2114
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4674

PostSubject: Re: Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge   Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Well Notbad I'm glad you have started back on the model as I was beginning to get withdrawal symptoms not having our monthly input on to the forum. Well done and I look forward to the next instalment. cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
Great White Hunter

Number of posts : 5815
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9790

PostSubject: Re: Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge   Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Coming along nicely Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge   

Back to top Go down

Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Chat-
Jump to: