3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6085
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13583

Project Notbad 1   update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge Empty
PostSubject: Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge   Project Notbad 1   update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 9:05 pm

A quick recap

https://sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com/t5969-project-notbad-1-update-16-of-building-a-boat-in-the-lounge

https://sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com/t5976-project-notbad-1-update-17-of-building-a-boat-in-the-lounge

Project Notbad 1. Update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge

The intention was to build a model of my real boat over last Winter but as the days got longer I had better things to do but with the onset of Autumn I've finally picked up where I left off ( wonder what the chances of finishing it before the clocks go forward are! )

I'd done the forward gunwale

Project Notbad 1   update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge Ca2d3b1b608cf8e36ca05cfc94cd68a2_zpsecd61205

Today I made a template for the rear gunwale from grease proof paper and transferred this to card saved from shirt packaging then once it was right cut the pieces out of cheapo chopping boards.

Project Notbad 1   update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge 57df2b90cd36cee0180c86df7800aa42_zpsf368a223

There aren't any written plans for this and only just in time before glueing them on I realised I needed to fit the spindles for the steering cables first,  the real Notbad 1 still has old school cable steering but if I upgrade to teleflex it won't be difficult to alter the model.

I'm using pike wire trace to replicate the steering cables, just one of the many bits and pieces I've acquired ready for when I need them, no kidding it feels like a bigger project than the real boat's refurb.

Minor setback today though, not sure what happened but I ran the model's outboard and the prop shattered -

Project Notbad 1   update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge A191ece55d50e9efa67073052b6f07e8_zps1632df62

I can see Postie will be delivering yet another Ebay purchase soon!
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2851
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7802

PostSubject: Re: Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge   Project Notbad 1   update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Well Notbad I'm glad you have started back on the model as I was beginning to get withdrawal symptoms not having our monthly input on to the forum. Well done and I look forward to the next instalment. cheers
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13852

PostSubject: Re: Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge   Project Notbad 1   update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Coming along nicely Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge   Project Notbad 1   update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Notbad 1 update 18 of Building A Boat In The Lounge
Page 1 of 1