sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

south stack

Go down 
AuthorMessage

south stack Empty
PostSubject: south stack   south stack EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 10:47 am

after a week watching the weather we decided to pull the plug on our east coast adventure yet again due to strong wind's.
second option was the f4u match but with being sick of water rat's (y/ting) we decided to head to the island.
not being to optomistic we decide to fish the end of breaky over low to see if there were any codling about. well we set up on the end with a biting wind and cold weather. first in was deg's with a few y/ting and a few dog's and me with one y/ting and a small rockling.

south stack Sleepover001-1

after a few hour's we decided to leave due to the fact we hate y/ting and some numpty's had decided to set up out the wind next to my car and were casting over it.

so h/head and a nice fat kebab (got to admit the kebab shop by winnie's is spot on). then it was decision time where to fish over high straight away deg's range's as he'd had a few pollock last week and i wanted to go south stack (not fished it for over ten year's so wanted to put the ghost's to rest) tossed a coin and s/stack it was.
got there and after a nice walk down picked our spot out the wind and was quiet suprised how warm it was . there was a good sea on and a good swell .it screamed codling.

south stack Sleepover006-1

it was slow from the off with as expected heavy tackle loss. but when it settled the pollock started .

south stack Sleepover002-1

then deg's .

south stack Sleepover004-1

then a bit better.
south stack Sleepover003-1

then a small strappie.
south stack Sleepover005

then more pollock.

south stack Sleepover007

and a better strap to deg's

south stack Sleepover008

in all not a bad night and it made a change from y/ting. lost two good sized conger and deg's also lost a couple. the walk back was horendus bat i think we'll be paying it another visit in better conditions .

joe.
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9169

south stack Empty
PostSubject: Re: south stack   south stack EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 1:38 pm

Great report Joe.

Looks like the effort paid off.

Those Pollock are beauties!