9 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13853

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Empty
PostSubject: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Myself, Anita and Hari arrived Saturday lunchtime with blue skies and sunshine to greet us but it sounded as though the others had been almost washed away with the mornings rain.
The plan was to set up camp, have some beer, have some lunch, have some beer, have a banter and a catch up, have some beer, have some more beer then have some dinner with a little liquid refreshment (beer) then if time maybe a little fishing  Exclamation 

As Gaz had just left we pinched his spot, sorry we missed you pal  Crying or Very sad 
Thanks for keeping our pitch dry  Very Happy 

Camp Logger
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_10

Met Tim

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_11

Then Paul and his good lady and Charlie the dog

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_12

Tim was soon off to play in the mud

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_13

Syd (or Mr June in our 2015 callander) was taking it easy

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_14
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_15

Tea time
Hari took on cooking duties for us until he decided a game of bat and ball with his mum would be more fun  

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_16
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_17

Tim feeding his brood

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_18

I think Tatch will recognise Syds cafe  Razz 

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_19

Paul was stirring something up in his outdoor kitchen

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_20

I brought a log for our camp fire but couldn't get it to light as the wind kept blowing it out but Mike with some help from Tim persevered and eventually saved the day  cheers 

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_22
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_23
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_24
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  20140611

Fishing
Mrs logger and I had a go with popper which was great fun even though we didn't catch anything  Sad 

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_25
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_26
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_27

My bright orange top may not of helped  Embarassed 

The chief himself with some refreshments
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_28

My improvised rod stand
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_29

A stranger came by and caught a tiddler hardly worth having but you have to pretend your pleased for them
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_30

Another blank for me and beaten by a novice once more
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_31

After packing up the gear we all sat around Syds fire until the wee hours having a drink and a great laugh.
An absolutely brilliant weekend.

Thanks for the great idea Syd this is definitely going to be a regular thing with hopefully more members and their family's joining us Exclamation 
The more the merrier  Very Happy 

One for Musselman Wink 
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shell_32

Last edited by Logger on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2851
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7803

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Great report and pictures Dave looks as though you were all having a good time. I bet fishing took a back seat to the partying.  Rock on Rock on beer fishing fish fish

Last edited by kirky's dad on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:02 pm

great report and pics dave but i didn't see many fish and i thought it was a fishing week end lol! lol! it looks like you all had a great time and the weather looked ok so who wants fish  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy fish fish fishing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Fabulous weekend.. Great company, camping, and I don't even care about the fishing!!! Can't rate shell island enough.
Brill meeting everyone, most for the first time.. Tim,gaz, mike, and of course the ladies. Hope we can get an even bigger gathering next time.
Fantastic weekend..nough said. cheers cheers 

Great pics dave, love the report..
And I'm available for birthdays, christenings and barmitvahs!!
Mr June.. lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Great report and pics Dave,looks like you all had a great time well done Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6085
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13584

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Shell Island 27th to 29th June 2014

What a cracking idea by Syd and venue inspiration by Tim

Neither Anne nor I had been to Shell Island before but what a fabulous place for the inaugural Sunny Rhyl Camp,  

Friday Night and the advance party partied

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  4aa8a4e20ae990cae880354ba7a8929e_zpsda27d1de

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  85cc453dfe07649698e3dbe4da4e04d4_zps5514b316

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Ad103e21734ffbbac193d2a9f77dae93_zps2df7a398

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  9f62296cd4d20ec8df5e4a9531b918de_zps8967b000

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Aeab10dd51b7c5837175764059ef82d6_zps23acbb89

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  B6b4bd5bbdce8e997d9c9039bcddc36a_zps23ed1ce5

Saturday morning was a bit damp but casting from the tent provided shelter!

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  8817c04f65b83dbae499216685cbdebe_zpsaf5eed34

Saturday afternoon brought reinforcements

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  396484ba1ea53bf054dd9b15a3179833_zps92de5f98

With WIFI on site Dave was able to log on
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  2ae873a79a4b746422735c0fda2aa2ed_zps84a5d3be

Great to see Mike fishing again!
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  1d66dd632983a26ea918582949a75e59_zps30456ae7

Sweet!
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  6b5181659fa62ae3d75b3e76ddd76729_zpsd9e42273

Tim really digs this place!
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  F88f1435c87b70f85401499e32adbc11_zps62d75291

Out came the sun
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  5e61b8b66396fb03c46aa5fb3a033145_zpsbe3090a2

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  97bed044bade9a55807d2e657d1f1596_zpsc7ffb2ca

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  71c41402ff9ad082ffd17b90a81f0648_zpsdf1ac7eb

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  44d9dc9b9f7af905c13c3f919fc2917e_zps545403a6

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  64f20edbeb56d482b9cff725a7129a28_zps113a1356

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  3e4774591db3dd138c805208be707eb3_zpse8842887

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Da9759d9e2fe8610226018f6fd478073_zpsfd424a72

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  A44511af1978526ada2390c6045e98a5_zpsfade3a45

Sunday morning I tried for the Mullet
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  E6e2f2e4060ed32e06770fce138198c0_zpsb5ae4809

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  C2b7beddf1ec6d76b4213321509df487_zps9da59fec

No takers on the artificial bread but it looks convincing and stays on the hook,

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  91716362c8978a5f2b871e9837aeeb7a_zpsdc0cf245

Loads of tiny Mullet where sampling the stream of pitta bread barely a rod length out until the gulls splashed in.

It wasn't about the fishing ( 3 eels and a flounder for me) it was very much about the laughs with friends and family and the kids came too, if you weren't there you missed out but after the success of this one I'm sure eel meet again some Sunny Rhyl Camping Day!

Ps it's not about the fishing ( so long as I beat Logger ) but my 3 eels and a flounder thrashed them all until the Talkingbullhuss boys swept the board with a master class in crab lines and shrimp net use!

beer  cheers

Last edited by Notbad on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Fab pictures paul  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Great pics Paul Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:11 pm

nice set of pics paul fish fish 
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1290
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7055

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks for the crate picture.

This one was near that spot last summer ....

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shellisland2013028_zpse2177ee9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:50 pm

lol! lol! 
Great report and pics Paul. beer 

Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:04 pm

MusselMan wrote:
Thanks for the crate picture.

This one was near that spot last summer ....

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Shellisland2013028_zpse2177ee9
Crate picture Ian I think that's a 0876654A model with reinforced corner mesh  Exclamation 
Very rare, well spotted  Smile 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Had amazing time ,so did the kids I wasn't even botherd about the fishing ,it was the company ,really enjoyed it ,going bed early lol knackerd, I will put some pics on later in week .. Ps I blanked lol .. Thanks everyone  cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9887

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Fantastic report guys and even better pics
looked like a cracking weekend  Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8023

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Good work everyone. cheers 
Back to top Go down
fairziff
Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3304
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9130

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:42 pm

It was a fantastic gathering!
Many thanks to all that suggested it and organised the meet.
The fishing was fun, but only a small part of it.
I thouroughly enjoyed the Notbad catering facility. Curry for tea and sausage bap for breakfast Smile
Loggers log was possibly the highlight for me. Last seen in a drunken haze of smoke at about 3am this morning Smile
I can't wait for the next time!
Happy days!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Dave, forgot to mention earlier, if you give us the measurements of Anita's boot, I may be able to get some guys to knock up a bespoke kitchen to fit..!!! lol!  not sure about the extraction fan though.... Maybe fitted in the roof?? Ask her.... I'm sure she'll go for it!!!! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2851
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7803

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:26 am

What a great weekend you all had great pictures Paul.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 am

syd wrote:
Dave, forgot to mention earlier,  if you give us the measurements of Anita's boot, I may be able to get some guys to knock up a bespoke kitchen to fit..!!! lol!  not sure about the extraction fan though.... Maybe fitted in the roof??  Ask her.... I'm sure she'll go for it!!!! lol! lol! 
Could be on to something there Syd  lol! 
Good luck with your new job hope it goes well for you  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:44 am

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg2_zpsc507f7bd
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg3_zps16cc922e
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg4_zpsa9545535
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg1_zps483b3ea0
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg5_zpsf62f904c
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg3_zps701c9914
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg2_zps67353a19
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg1_zps7afd9533
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg2_zpse7ccd355
Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Imagejpg1_zps81ee0edb

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:46 am

Fantastic weekend everyone can't wait do it again !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 8:27 am

Well done great report looks like you all enjoyed it nice pics
Back to top Go down
tatch
Tope Hunter
tatch

Number of posts : 1024
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6007

PostSubject: Amazing    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Amazing chaps cheers  cheers  cheers  best read Ive had so far this year & some belting photos that café needs an ivy fellas  lol! you've cracked it then. It looks a stunning place to be it will definitely have to go on my spots to visit list love the blazing log Mr logger Rock on 
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Must admit that at one point I did get worried about the flaming log as the wind was whipping up the flames to make quite an inferno and the embers were being blown along the row of tents  Exclamation 
So the next time your in your tents Syd Tim Paul Mike and you can either see the stars or your getting dripped on im very sorry but Mike lit it  Exclamation Wink 
Back to top Go down
jimmyjizzmo
Giant Squid Hunter
jimmyjizzmo

Number of posts : 274
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Great stuff-well done guys Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend    Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend  Empty

Back to top Go down

Shell Island Jolly Boys (And Girls) Weekend
Page 1 of 1