sunnyrhyl.com

Warning: May Contain Nuts

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Notbad
The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4493
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9080

PostSubject: Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows   Sun May 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Saturday 17 May 2014

Time to get my boat wet again! Launched from PSC about 8.30am an hour after Low

Sun block was in prospect

Mehmet was aboard

Found Mytime on the banks

...and not long after Jason was in

Fishing was a bit slow for us

but after a few moves I pointed the sharp end at the wind farm and headed out towing a slug go behind us in the hope of a Marlin...

No Marlin ( ! ) and no Mackerel either but baited bead and shrimp rigs did the trick as we fished on the drift and boated about 30 small to middling Whiting and the odd Dab

Non stop Whiting action but were after bigger prizes really and headed back to the banks

Over the radio came news of sausage butties and club tractor troubles

With it being such a glorious day there was a whole armada of club boats out.

Suveran in the distance joined in the party

With so many out there was clearly going to be a queue to get recovered later but we were happy where we where soaking up the sun

Then after about 8 hours out a Dab gave us a look like it knew something as we noticed the breeze suddenly arrive as if someone had thrown a switch,

The water began to change

the breeze became a wind and we looked at each other, time to go in perhaps?

The wind strengthened, the water started to cut up a bit rough and there was no choice about it, lines pulled in quick, waders pulled on very quickly, engine started, anchor up and we were headed in - along with everybody else!

No photos of the run in I was too busy, but it was a distinctly exhilarating ride as spray flooded my sun glasses, off they came, then salt water was in my eyes as we kicked through the waves against the ebb and I was glad of Mehmet's experience!

With all boats headed in at once and not all tractors running leading to a queue we made it to calmer waters and dropped anchor to wait our turn, closely watching the depth falling with the ebb

Soft sand and the tractor shortage was causing problems but members helped each other and Jamie was shuttling trailers down with his 4x4 and Notbad 1 was winched aboard hers, as boats got on their trailers the priority was to get more trailers down and more boats recovered.

Due to the soft sand trailer wheels were sinking in and my own trailer was up to its axle, I thought it was going to be fun extracting it but then Jason brought his 4x4 down and plucked her free.

Thanks Lads!

Back on dry land, sunburnt and totally knackered but there's maintenance to do, washing down, flushing and greasing - but another Notbad 1 adventure was safely over!

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Back to top Go down
hot shot alan
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1387
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3616

PostSubject: Re: Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows   Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 pm

well done on your day out on notbad 1 looked like a great day  cheers cheers fish fish fishing
Back to top Go down
Rhod Lloyd
Giant Squid Hunter

Number of posts : 252
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 3575

PostSubject: And I thought we had problems!   Mon May 19, 2014 12:22 am

Great to see N wales coast is getting to look like Auckland region, I had not caught up with the number of trailer boats you have there, we only have 4m of tidal range but still have soft sand problems, one solution we use is to drag the boats with a long strop out of the water and load off the sand. This needs careful management of people in the danger zones, and is hard on the trailer
Back to top Go down
Logger
Great White Hunter

Number of posts : 5820
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9801

PostSubject: Re: Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows   Mon May 19, 2014 4:22 am

Well done team Notbad1 great report and pictures  cheers 
Pity about the lack of Marlin but there's always next time  Laughing Cool 
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
JUDGE OF THE MONTH
JUDGE OF THE MONTH

Number of posts : 2119
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4683

PostSubject: Re: Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows   Mon May 19, 2014 8:27 am

Great report and some cracking picture well done Paul on another successful trip.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
stevo
Tackle Guru

Number of posts : 3363
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7213

PostSubject: Re: Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows   Mon May 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Do you know how the other boat did anything big  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
longranger
Legend

Number of posts : 1679
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4792

PostSubject: Re: Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows   Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm

A great report Paul and some great photos,a great team at PSC always there to help,how was the engine mate? or is it a different one from last year?
Back to top Go down
Notbad
The Big Cheese

Number of posts : 4493
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9080

PostSubject: Re: Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows   Mon May 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Cheers all,

I think Jason's was one of very few Bass on Saturday although those out on Sunday fared better, including a 7lb 4oz that pipped my success of a couple of weeks ago by 2 oz

I've got fresh horses on the back now!

Winched recoveries where indeed in use Rhod,
Notbad 1 has a displacement hull and would heel over hard if beached, I can see the attraction of a flat bottomed dory!

Found another pic, one shot I didn't get was of some impressive tractor driving, towing one boat, pushing another off the beach, turning onto the ramp and negotiating the 90 degree turn into the compound,
I must do that tractor course!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows   

Back to top Go down

Notbad 1. As free as the wind blows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Small Boats & Kayaks-
Jump to: