Go down 
+2
Kirky's Dad
Logger
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Well wasnt getting out this weekend but managed a few spare hours today so Andy Lee,seaspirit,Robby and myself decided we would go and try for some flounder at Shotton (this is a strange place for the out n out sea angler as its like river fishing with sea gear anyway we arrived just before low water
Another slow one 01214
Andy was set up with the new Ian Gold realtree rod rest (he forgot his pod)
Another slow one 00513
It did bring him a bit of luck tho as he had a fish on his first cast,a flounder of 37cm
Another slow one 00115
Another slow one 00912
Then it was Seaspirits turn about an hour later he had this little fella
Another slow one 00712
It gave a great bite and good sport on light gear but then it was another hour before the next fish which came to Robby
Another slow one 00813
Another slow one 00310
The fish never really came on the feed and some of the fish were spent the wind was also blowing straight into our faces which made things a bit uncomfortable at times any way another hour was passing
Another slow one 01312
Another slow one 00615
Then Andy had another bite to bring in this flounder
Another slow one 00413
It was the biggest fish of the session but thin as a playing card
Another slow one 01011
And that was it for the four hours of fishing and another blank for me (but i have got Andys new lucky rod rest in my holdall for our next outing) anyway All fish were returned and all litter taken,will give a few weeks before return to this mark but was good to be out Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:34 am

great report and pice and well done on the flounder pity about the wind  cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13887

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 3:54 am

Going to be some cracking Flounder there this summer  Exclamation 
Great report and pictures  cheers Rock on cheers Rock on Cool 
Back to top Go down

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:03 am

Good report owdddd well done !
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2861
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7847

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:59 am

Well done good report with some very good pictures. Some good fish and no rubbish left it would be nice if everyone did the same. cheers 
Back to top Go down

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Laughing 

Last edited by andy lee on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Great report and pics andy
Back to top Go down

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Great pics.. Where's shotton?
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 755
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6153

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 pm

fished that exact spot 2 - 3 years ago with glad, we both blanked, nice to see there are fish there

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:46 pm

syd wrote:
Great pics.. Where's shotton?
Hi mate not great with directions or places but will try to explain if you get to the big asda at deeside,directly across the road is a KFC follow that road a few hundred yards and you will cross the blue bridge seen in the photos,we turn left into shotton steel works (TATA) and park on the grass next to the closed gate but there are other places to park and also fish and you can see the river in front of you,hope this helps but if not some of the lads on this site know the dee like the back of there hands and will help you out cheers andy
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9921

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:23 pm

Again top report and another set of cracking pics mate
keep meaning to go there were about's did you park
I know some people park at the queensferry pub but
i'm not sure if you can. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 pm

stevo wrote:
hi mate was told you can park at the pub but we turn in across from the pub into the steel works its a long private road and we park on the grass nr the closed gate on the left,never had a problem parking there as loads of dog walkers park around here and walk along the river (so watch you dont stand on the brown smelly land mines as they dont all pick it up) hope this helps
Back to top Go down
stevo
Swordfish Hunter
stevo

Number of posts : 3613
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 9921

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:01 pm

longranger wrote:
stevo wrote:
hi mate was told you can park at the pub but we turn in across from the pub into the steel works its a long private road and we park on the grass nr the closed gate on the left,never had a problem parking there as loads of dog walkers park around here and walk along the river (so watch you dont stand on the brown smelly land mines as they dont all pick it up) hope this helps

Nice one mate i know were you mean cheers  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 7:42 am

How far up river can you go before you need a licence I wonder  Question 
Back to top Go down

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Logger wrote:
How far up river can you go before you need a licence I wonder  Question 
dont know but was talking to joe once and he was telling me about resident fish quite far up the river that have red fins (they wont taste good at any time of the year)
Back to top Go down

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Great report Andy well done
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Ive been told in the past that its upto the 1st bridge on rivers but not entirely sure how much truth is in that  Exclamation 

What made me think about it was on your pictures your between two bridges  scratch study
Back to top Go down
MusselMan
ADMIN
MusselMan

Number of posts : 1303
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7112

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:47 pm

I don't fish here and I am well known for not knowing much about what I am talking about ... but I thought as it is tidal you could go up as far as the weir in Chester without a license.

Is it more important what you are fishing for than where you are? If you are fishing for sea fish then you are probably ok, if you are fishing for fresh water fish or salmon, trout or eels then probably not.

There's a DEE Angling Website. I can't get much out of it. It looks like their fishing rights extend below the weir.

Last edited by MusselMan on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6098
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13635

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 pm

We've had similar discussions about Rhyl's Blue Bridge and where start of licence requirements kicks in, I don't think the first bridge argument stands up, I certainly hope not, after all Rhyl has a new bridge! I think MusselMan is partly right but then flounder can be caught on garden worm! I did have a look at the Environment Agency website but it's as clear as estuary mud.

Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:38 am

The Brenig has an over flow stream that ends up in the sea eventually, I wonder if I could say I was targeting Flounder.....  pirat Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another slow one Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another slow one   Another slow one Empty

Back to top Go down

Another slow one
Page 1 of 1