5 posters
AuthorMessage
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13852

YOU CANT SAY BASS ! Empty
PostSubject: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:32 pm

I was asked the other day what was my favourite fish to catch scratch
Now i would like to have said Bass but ive never had one so i cant Sad so i had to go with the good old Doggy as there a decent size and if theres nowt else about you can normaly get one, although seen as a pest by some i love em i think there a lovely fish !

So now im asking you boys whats your favourite fish to catch and why ? And just to balance it all out (and make me feel better about it) you CANT SAY BASS !!!
Sea fish or fresh water fish it doesnt matter !?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Freshwater fish I would have to say perch mate . You got to lose your bass virginity shag . My fav sea fish is the bass but that's out of bounds so I would say any flattie I love them dabs plaice for eating and the good I'd flounder for sport cheers

I wish I could be as happy as you catching doggies mate ,but they get on my threepenny bits lol! lol!

Good question me old you been on that Scottish whiskey tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 pm

has to be LOUP DE MER
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Marlin Hunter
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2851
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7802

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Bass for me I haven't found anything better yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:19 pm

got to be wrass on the float,maccy on the fly and big conger on boat (plymouth) most fish are good fun/sport when fished for in different ways was talking to a guy on chesil who was fishing for mullet on pole and he told me he fishes for wrass on a whip Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
wormdrowner
Cod Hunter

Number of posts : 210
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5493

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:47 pm

got to be mullett for me on light spinning gear, talk about fight
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6645

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Course fishing it has to be eels then catfish lb for lb eels fight hardest
Sea fishing its cod any size does not matter
fly fishing American brook trout (released into commercial trout lakes )
my ambition is to catch A bass on lures then it will probably change my opinion on every thing Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 pm

My favourite fish to catch has to be the wrasse, I love the way they take the bait, especially on a small spinning rod. For the plate, seeing as though I've also not caught any b--s yet, I would say dabs and plaice.
I too like the doggies, catching anything is what fishing is about to me.
Had a few good size dogs. My aim is the b--s!!!!
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2016
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 8022

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Mini species are my favourite, especially Corkwings.

Light spinning gear with braid, size 6 to 10 hooks and a packet of rag. A suitable venue and hours of non stop action is virtually guaranteed. You dont know what you will catch next and the colours of some of the species can be fantastic.

In the right place, you can catch 10 to 15 species in a session with the odd rarity thrown in.

Happy days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOU CANT SAY BASS !   YOU CANT SAY BASS ! Empty

Back to top Go down

YOU CANT SAY BASS !
Page 1 of 1