sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Achange of scenery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Achange of scenery Empty
PostSubject: Achange of scenery   Achange of scenery EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:00 pm

With the fishing our way very poor at the moment and the hounds gone. Me and degs decided we would have a go down the lleyn.
the plan was to hammer the mackeral and ground bait with them and then have a try for tope. But it didn't happen. 1st of all the mackeral we hoped to catch were very far and few between.
We got to the mark very early and straight away tried for the maccie but after nearly 2 hours and all we got was 7. we filleted them then mashed the heads and guts with a few frozen maccie and squid and set the ground bait to work.
the plan was then to use massize baits and big 8/0 hooks so the doggies couldnt hook themselves. As soon as these hit the bottom the dogs were on them straight away. Every cast when we pulled in the dogs they were attached. most not even hooked just holding on to the bait.
It was then after about 4 hours we realised we were fighting a losing battle. so tackticks were changed to fire tips and floats and small baits close in. Degs wanting to get his spieces count up had had a pout a goldsinney and corkwing which takes him up to about 25 spieces so far this year i think.
we had plenty of wrasse but none of any great size.

Achange of scenery 002-19

Achange of scenery 004-15

most of the wrasse were around the 2lb mark but after a while you get sick of them. so i tried float fishing for the pollock while degs soldiered on with the plastics. On the float i was getting small pollock but degs was getting the better one's on lure's.

Achange of scenery 007-5

His best being just over 4 and a half pound.

Achange of scenery 008-5

To sum the day up it sounded good with over 60+ fish caught but nothing really as good as we had hoped. the amount of dogs was silly. but the pollock we have normally had at this mark was very poor.
so it was time to head home very sunburnt (even with cream on) as the mark it's self gives you no protection at all from the sun and this was one of the factors which made us cut our day short.
Whilst packing up wobbler appeared to have a night session all on his own. and one thing i noticed as we headed off he had the sence to don a life jacket.
And what a nice bloke. it was very nice to meet you and the invite we gave you will defo stand.

back at the farm after what felt like an eternity of an uphill walk we had a chat with the farmer and he told me the fishing this year has been very quiet. but the main thing he was concerned about was the ammount of pollock that's getting taken is thining them out.
so the reason for the lack of big pollock came to light.
but in all it was a ood day out and this morning the old legs are feeling a bit sore. and as i said to degs last night. never again. .
Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post but i just couldnt be arsed taking any.
tight lines joe.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13902

Achange of scenery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Achange of scenery   Achange of scenery EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Good report Joe well done the pair of you cheers
Back to top Go down

Achange of scenery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Achange of scenery   Achange of scenery EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:10 pm

Well done, good pics and report
Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6108
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13666

Achange of scenery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Achange of scenery   Achange of scenery EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Nice Pollock,

A shore caught Tope would have been some special report though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Achange of scenery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Achange of scenery   Achange of scenery Empty

Back to top Go down

Achange of scenery
Page 1 of 1