sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

first time pumping bait

Go down 
AuthorMessage

first time pumping bait  Empty
PostSubject: worm   first time pumping bait  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:57 pm

my god iv tried for 8 years some time i get 13 packs some times i get 2 worm?????? were am i going wrong Very Happy WELL DONE ON GETTING SOME WORM Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first time pumping bait    first time pumping bait  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 am

yes mine is a naro one but no sure how meany rubber washers to put in and do you oil them first before you put them in the tube
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13874

PostSubject: Re: first time pumping bait    first time pumping bait  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:32 am

To keep your pumps suction at its max keep it lubricated by taking with you a small bottle of washing up liquid and give it a quick squirt every now and then down the inside of the tube, you'll be amazed at the difference Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: bait pump   first time pumping bait  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 am

Hi Bigdaz, if you have the time to make and use a silicone insert for your pump it seems to work better and last longer, just fill up a container with silicone, let it dry, about 4 weeks, then use your pupm to cut out the washer, put hole through the middle,there you have it. . Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: First Time Pumping Bait   first time pumping bait  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:10 am

Was it Pensarn you were at? If so, then that nice old man was probably me - not that old really just had a hard life!!

I gave up the pumping with my narrow bore after a while cos they were too hard to get. Resorted back to the spade and got plenty soon enough. Only had one Schoolie in the end but the little surf that there was even died off later in the flood, so not surprised I only had the one.

If you got 40 worms on your first outing, then it's a case of the pupil showing the teacher how it's done!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: First Time Pumping Bait   first time pumping bait  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 am

Always a pleasure helping nice friendly people. I don't think I can advise any more on bait pumping but maybe would be able to help you with Pensarn Bassing techniques - to use up the bucketful of lugs that you'll probably have:)

Returning to you bait pump. Would not advise using vegetable oil to lubricate the pump because it turns into a sticky mess which can make it worst. Stick to diluted washing up liquid. A home made silicon seal on a 2" pump would also be a challenge. The right thickness would take weeks to properly cure to the correct hardness level but I would be interested to hear if anybody else has successfully done it and used it on a 2" pump?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first time pumping bait    first time pumping bait  EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:28 pm

thanks for all your help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13874

PostSubject: Re: first time pumping bait    first time pumping bait  EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:56 am

As a replacement bung i use (with great success) a piece of old flip flop by pushing the pump down on to said FF then simply cut out around the imprint, leaving it slightly larger to ensure suction Exclamation
Works well and only takes 20min cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first time pumping bait    first time pumping bait  EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:21 pm

yes thanks to all your help Very Happy Very Happy il try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first time pumping bait    first time pumping bait  Empty

Back to top Go down

first time pumping bait
Page 1 of 1