sunnyrhyl.forumotion.com

Stay Alert, Stay Safe!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

jolly boys outing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Arranged to meet dave gt ,logger and graham at pensarn , my youngest lad freddie, and is elder brother alfie wonted some of the bass action i had the other week end there. All you parrents will now what i mean , i had to take spare cloaths, spare coats ,sh't load of butties crisps pop choc bars ,tent ,and a weelbarrow to take it all :love: :love: :love:
first job mcdonalds to fill there little bellies :love: :love: :love: Arrived at the beach the wind was blowing hard more from the south so there wasnt as much life in the sea as i would of liked . met up with the lads ,then set up camp for the boys :love: :love: :love:
jolly boys outing 178_0270
First job to dig some blowlug and pump some black , the boys kept them selves busy collecting old dead dryed out starfish there was tons of them littering the beach, it wasnt long before we had plenty of bait ready for are mission, all was going well untill the hevens opened it bucketed it down ,the boys then kept them selves busy sharping sticks with my knife boys will be boys ,just dont tell the health and safety officer aka mum :love: :love: :love: :love: .good job they where in the tent our it would have been an early bath.
are plan of attack three up one down.
jolly boys outing 178_0277
after two hour in it wasnt looking good graham had seven weavers, logger two, think gt had two. i was blanking big style, then congerman walked up to me for a chat good to see you again mate , then dave gt had a little bit of action with this little baby
jolly boys outing 178_0274
by now boys getting bored so i lite them a camp fire you just now fires and boys go together hand in hand they where well happy collecting drift wood and chucking it on the fire, that should keep them happy till the end of the session :love: :love: :love:
jolly boys outing 178_0279
cut a long story short a big blank for me ,and ther word down the beach was it fished pants , not one of my best sessions put quality time spent with my boys watching then enjoying them selfs today was worth the trip alone, plus had good craic with the lads ps thanks for the crab and baccon butties for the kids logger :dance: :dance: cant wait till next time , change of venue next time fished this venue three times on the trot now even though it is a cracking venue
jolly boys outing 178_0280
nice sun set
Back to top Go down

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:28 pm

nice report and the dad thing is spot on.

now what you need to do is this. ( my way of hopefully saving you money and catching some fishies).

dont plan a trip weeks in advance. do what i do and wait for the right weather. what you need is westerlies for a few days then calm off for a day and then go.

thats if you fish the north wales coast or western anglesey.

i no this doesnt always fall on a w/end but sometimes you get lucky. and rewarded at the same time.
do what ive always done everytime you go keep a diary. what the wind was. what the weather was. the height of the tide and time of the tide. darkness or daylight and so on.

this way you'll be able to work out the best time to go from your diary. another thing i do is keep old tide books then when you archive old reports you can check what sort of tides the best catch's were on.

what i reckon happens is when we get westerlies and its rough all the food is washed against the shore then the next day when its calmer the fish to come in to feed on it.

ive had fish as far out as 10-20 ft when its like this. i tend to fish in the dark with me h/lamp off and just hold the rod for the bass so you dont spook them.

hope this helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13874

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:44 pm

It was good to see you again mate, good pics, hopefully we'll have more luck and less weavers on our next trip cheers
Back to top Go down

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Logger wrote

It was good to see you again mate, good pics, hopefully we'll have more luck and less weavers on our next trip

You not coming with me again mate you bad luck lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:58 pm

clown I'll get you on that boat trip mate if your not careful No
Back to top Go down

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Logger wrote

I'll get you on that boat trip mate if your not careful

Back to top Go down
Notbad
ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 6091
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13615

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Great report -feeling the love.

Anyone ever tried starfish as bait?
Back to top Go down

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:42 pm

nice1 lads Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:39 am

Notbad wrote:
Great report -feeling the love.

Anyone ever tried starfish as bait?

I've often wondered about trying starfish for bait, with a little filleting the exposed juicy flesh would attract something surely Question Question Question Question
Probably more wEEvers lol! (thanks for the correct spelling Tony, my bad)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

jolly boys outing Empty
PostSubject: Re: jolly boys outing   jolly boys outing Empty

Back to top Go down

jolly boys outing
Page 1 of 1