sunnyrhyl.com

The Home of Fishing

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LEADER TO RIG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1184
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4812

LEADER TO RIG Empty
PostSubject: LEADER TO RIG   LEADER TO RIG EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:56 am

scratch scratch At the moment I use 80lb swivels on my rigs and attach it to my shock leader with A Gemini rig clip
LEADER TO RIG Geinix2
this is OK but I want to fine my presentation down so I need find another way of connecting the two I have seen match anglers using different clips that make there rigs less bulky Question I use 70lb shock leaders +80lb rig bodies for safety as I use crimps on my rigs 4.5ox leads -5oz any ideas much appreciated Idea
Back to top Go down
ianroberts
Conger Hunter
ianroberts

Number of posts : 753
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4468

LEADER TO RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADER TO RIG   LEADER TO RIG EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:57 am

how can you get less than that ?

Octopus Hunter

Number of posts : 677
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4516

LEADER TO RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADER TO RIG   LEADER TO RIG EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 am

Hi Clive
I use a swivel on leader then the gemini clips on the rigs the reason being that when retrieved the clip will not drag old line snagged and weed. Also eye ring friendlier
Rather than crimps (which I do not trust) I use stop knots and small beads that way you can adjust the snood positions and create a running paternoster
Hope that is of some use
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

LEADER TO RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADER TO RIG   LEADER TO RIG EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 am

mickfish wrote:

Hi Clive
I use a swivel on leader then the Gemini clips on the rigs the reason being that when retrieved the clip will not drag old line snagged and weed. Also eye ring friendlier
Rather than crimps (which I do not trust) I use stop knots and small beads that way you can adjust the snood positions and create a running paternoster
Hope that is of some use

do you have A picture of the eye ring friendlier please never heard of them Wink
Back to top Go down
mickfish
Octopus Hunter

Number of posts : 677
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4516

LEADER TO RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADER TO RIG   LEADER TO RIG EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:28 pm

congerman1962 wrote:
mickfish wrote:

Hi Clive
I use a swivel on leader then the Gemini clips on the rigs the reason being that when retrieved the clip will not drag old line snagged and weed. Also eye ring friendlier
Hope that is of some use

do you have A picture of the eye ring friendlier please never heard of them Wink

As you wind the line in the swivel comes through the eyes and not the gemini clip which stays with the rig when packing up
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

LEADER TO RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADER TO RIG   LEADER TO RIG EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Se what you meen now I am trying to get rid of the swivel +rig clip I have been looking at the clips for carp fishing as there a lot smaller just waiting for replies off tackle companies on strength of the products Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LEADER TO RIG Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADER TO RIG   LEADER TO RIG Empty

Back to top Go down

LEADER TO RIG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: Sea Fishing :: Sea Fishing Chat-
Jump to: