sunnyrhyl.com

The Home of Fishing

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

good weekend turned bad

Go down 
AuthorMessage
talkingbullhuss
Tope Hunter
talkingbullhuss

Number of posts : 1498
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4866

good weekend turned bad Empty
PostSubject: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:05 pm

after a nice bank holiday weekend it turned bad this morning oldest lad jack fishes is local pond madeley pool every spare moment he has he left to go there soon as he woke up as usual. he was soon back home with crys of the fish are all dieing in the pool Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
so i went down to see what was happing and it was garnage fish dieing and gasping for oxgen everywhere it was a very sad sight, gosties bream and roach ,perch ,tench eveywhere you looked
good weekend turned bad 178_0201
good weekend turned bad 178_0198
good weekend turned bad 178_0197
the fireman where quick on the scene and stayed all day to put oxgen in the water and spent all day netting fish .the whole community got involved paddling pools ,wheelie bins ,pond pumps and as many hands on deck with landing nets ,it was true community spirt ,people suplying fruit, refreshments and choc bars to all the kids who tryed in vain to rescue all the fish ,and it wasnt just 1 our two boys and girls it was lots, top effort to them all without their help they would have all died for sure. loads of adults helping mums , old people everyone 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
good weekend turned bad 178_0214
good weekend turned bad 178_0212
good weekend turned bad 178_0218
good weekend turned bad 178_0213
enviroment agency turned up and confirmed what we all suspected ,silage gone into the river lea that runs straight in to the pool. this isnt the first time this has happend its the third and the local are ready to confont the farmer with pitch forks etc , wouldnt like to be in his shoes.
good weekend turned bad 178_0215
good weekend turned bad 178_0211
good weekend turned bad 178_0210
good weekend turned bad 178_0209
The envorment agency sent two police officers to make sure none of the locals nicked any of the fish how bads that when all eveyone wonted to do was save them , that went down like alead ballon , but at least they didnt nick some of the lads haveing a much earned can of pop as it is a no drinking zone.
my poor lads wont have local pond fish now this summer holidays wile i am at work Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad jack was looking forward to is junior match their farthers day Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .if it wasnt for all the locals and fire crew who went beyound their call of duty,the out come would have been a lot worse. a big thank you to all involved in the big rescue

Porbeagle Hunter
fairziff

Number of posts : 3295
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 7470

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 pm

An inspiring story Tim.
Sad that some of the fish died but what a heartwarming account of the community pulling together in such a positive manner.

Well done to everyone on their actions and thanks for posting it Tim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunnyrhyl.com
Logger
Catch of the Month Winner
Logger

Number of posts : 6863
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 12092

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:02 pm

A terrible tale there mate a horrible thing to happen, what became of the rescued fish have many survived ?

I think the worst picture of all is picture no.6 with your lovely wife holding up a poor pathetic specimen that clearly must have been some awful mutation of a poor undeserving frog, newt or certainly some kind of pond life which has been affected by the chemicals in the water, i hope the local vet could help !

But seriously mate this is a terrible thing and i hope it can get cleared up very soon, keep us posted.
Well done citizens of Madeley.
Back to top Go down
talkingbullhuss
Tope Hunter
talkingbullhuss

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Logger wrote

A terrible tale there mate a horrible thing to happen, what became of the rescued fish have many survived ?

I think the worst picture of all is picture no.6 with your lovely wife holding up a poor pathetic specimen that clearly must have been some awful mutation of a poor undeserving frog, newt or certainly some kind of pond life which has been affected by the chemicals in the water, i hope the local vet could help !

But seriously mate this is a terrible thing and i hope it can get cleared up very soon, keep us posted.
Well done citizens of Madeley.

A lot of the fish doing well now ta dave . As for the specimen my wife found its a fine specimen of the human race lol it's that good god made two of us lol! lol! lol! lol!

ADMIN
Notbad

Number of posts : 5006
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 10382

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:26 pm

First time we've had a report like that, which I suppose is a good thing but the community spirit is heart warming - a better reason for neighbours getting together than a jubilee too.

Back to top Go down
Logger
Logger

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Notbad wrote:
First time we've had a report like that, which I suppose is a good thing but the community spirit is heart warming - a better reason for neighbours getting together than a jubilee too.

Here here
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1184
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 4812

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:51 pm

well done every one for your effort and well done the fire men for there help
Back to top Go down
headwyn
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
headwyn

Number of posts : 2011
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6367

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 am

Well done all, great community spirit cheers
Back to top Go down
Kirky's Dad
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Sunnyrhyl Addict
Kirky's Dad

Number of posts : 2496
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 5791

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:23 am

A great report Tim the press and TV are full of it down here and show a lot of fish being saved some up to and maybe even over 10lbs, so well done to everyone involved. It's such a shame that this sort of thing should happen at all. Try and keep us up to date with what's happening if you could Tim and what the outcome is in a week or two's time. Great report and pictures well done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Well done everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
Logger
Logger

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Just found this link its not good Sad

http://vimeo.com/43533160
Back to top Go down
talkingbullhuss
Tope Hunter
talkingbullhuss

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks for putting that on pal cheers

PostSubject: Re: good weekend turned bad   good weekend turned bad Empty

Back to top Go down

good weekend turned bad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sunnyrhyl.com :: General Stuff :: General Chat-
Jump to: