Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

Number of posts : 1317
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 6680

IS IT ME OR THE REELS  Empty
PostSubject: IS IT ME OR THE REELS    IS IT ME OR THE REELS  EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:13 pm

I have x2 DAIWA SL20SH POWER DRIVE reels I use these on my century flattie for my close in bass work (up to 80 yards ) I have had these for about 5yrs now + there still like new I have had a lot of problems with these reels bird nesting I use to use 10-12lb f1 on them but last week I upped the line to 18lb daiwa I thought this would solve the birds nesting and it did but yesterday it birds nested again and cracked of has any one els had this problem it only happens every now + then but in my eyes that's to much I use multipliers for all my fishing and have no problems with my abu reels (unless its my fault) on my sloshes I noticed that when laying the line on the reel if you let the line go to each end of the spool it seems to fall back to the inside and maybe its getting trapped this is my thoughts I would appreciate your ideas and suggestions how to combat the problem without selling them
Back to top Go down
Logger
Hunter
Logger

Number of posts : 6951
SunnyRhyl-O-Meter : 13887

PostSubject: Re: IS IT ME OR THE REELS    IS IT ME OR THE REELS  EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Chuck em away and use a coffee grinder like me lol! who wants to mess about with tangles when you could be fishing ?
Modern fixed spools are very good compared to the old stuff and rarely tangle and can cast just as well in the right hands.
plus there no where near as fiddly Exclamation
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

PostSubject: Re: IS IT ME OR THE REELS    IS IT ME OR THE REELS  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:05 am

Jensen wrote:
drop them round mine when you're passing Clive, I'll have a look at them for you
thanks for the offer mate I have been told off loads of other anglers that when the manufacturer sends the reels out the breaks are in the box in A bag that's why it only fluffs up now +then so I am going to have A look in the boxes that they were in and eddythefly is going to fit them for me thanks for the offer mate your A top man Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IS IT ME OR THE REELS    IS IT ME OR THE REELS  EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:21 pm

my slosh does the same so i got a 7ht and its fine
Back to top Go down
congerman1962
Tope Hunter

PostSubject: Re: IS IT ME OR THE REELS    IS IT ME OR THE REELS  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks for the feed backs I checked the boxes and the blocks were in the boxes had the reels serviced and my mate said there wasn't any in at all so he has put them in pick them up Thursday and will give them A go its smaller tides and the gullies are fish able Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS IT ME OR THE REELS    IS IT ME OR THE REELS  Empty

Back to top Go down

IS IT ME OR THE REELS
Page 1 of 1